ForumsSupport ForumNew Games

18 3067
btship2
btship2
1 posts
Nomad

There should be more new games rolling in each day like mofunzone. I can't wait for the next batch! Keep them coming!

• 18 Replies
recon543
recon543
244 posts
Nomad

Well, it shouldn't be that hard anyways to find new games by genre.
The first category is DATE which means that the new games are listed first on all genres. You just have to hop around a little to find them. You just gotta work a little.

The mods have a hard job, if they want to do what you say thay will, but it takes awile....
plokkey
plokkey
4,572 posts
Jester

It's a bit silly to not put a game on the front page if you add it, because you are initially saying it isn't popular, yet it's nearly impossible to become popular if you don't have a debut on the front page. I

It's usually the smaller games that most people are looking for. The featured ones are up front. And also the less popular they are the earlier they get sent off the front page.

Do people have to invest money to put their game on the front page?
How do you know if they will be popular or not?

I think only Daniel Mcneely looks at the games. But I know for sure he's the only that puts them up.

I'm guessing:

#1) If the game has been looked forward to (Sonny 2, Bubble Tanks, StormWinds)
#2) It's fate
#3) The game doesn't take 5 seconds to beat (if you can't tell I'm exaggerating...)
#4) If he likes it, chances are that most others will like and and it will make AG look better by pasting the best games on the front. (and all over the website because, of the Game Quick Jump menu)
ulimitedpower
ulimitedpower
1,739 posts
Nomad

How do you know if they will be popular or not?

Normally popular games have it written in the info like:

Kongregate presents the sequel to the highly popular...

That sort of stuff.

I'm guessing:

#1) If the game has been looked forward to (Sonny 2, Bubble Tanks, StormWinds)
#2) It's fate
#3) The game doesn't take 5 seconds to beat (if you can't tell I'm exaggerating...)
#4) If he likes it, chances are that most others will like and and it will make AG look better by pasting the best games on the front. (and all over the website because, of the Game Quick Jump menu)

What a nice way to put it. I don't think that people bribe Armorgames to post their game on the front page. It simply has to be good. Popular games become known because some site liked it and posted it on their front page. Many people liked it and played the game. Like a seed growing into a big tree.

The games are played before they are added, that is how it is decided whether or not they will be added to the site in the first place.

Guess that makes sense.

I think only Daniel Mcneely looks at the games

Could be. But I think it would be very slow for one person to sift through a dozen new games every day.

I think that Armorgames is slightly popular than Kongregate. But it only has a tenth of the amount of games as Kongregate. How is that possible? Are many of the uploaded games not accepted? That would be pretty sad you know.
Showing 16-18 of 18