ForumsWEPRcan yoyo's be used as a weapon...

54 17121
Hermann0212
Hermann0212
150 posts
Nomad

YESW!!! yoyo's were actual INVENTED to be weapons... just think...ur favorite toy could be used in a bank robery!

• 54 Replies
LeBronJames123123
LeBronJames123123
360 posts
Peasant

haha i dont think a yo-yo would hurt that much it is only a plastic toy.

Hermann0212
Hermann0212
150 posts
Nomad

yay but when they were INVENTED they were metal... more lethal than those cheap plastic yoyo's

Moegreche
Moegreche
3,829 posts
Duke

Well, anything can be used a weapon, really. With a yo-yo you even have options: blunt force, strangulation, obstructing the air passage.

Hermann0212
Hermann0212
150 posts
Nomad

moegreche is rite... but normally they used it like we play with it

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,678 posts
Jester

Yes, it is can be. Or, well, was. As said, they were designed to be weapons.

They could be crazy leathal if put in the right hands. Have you ever seen some of those pro yo-yo users do tricks? Imagine stuff like that...but going straight for your face.

I always imagined that they could be sharpened on the edges of the wheels also. Which would be smashing.

Hermann0212
Hermann0212
150 posts
Nomad

+theyre metal... metal+sharp edge+pro yoyoer=one nasty result

Hermann0212
Hermann0212
150 posts
Nomad

id say pretty lethal if not deadly

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

Well, now I know what to do with my spiky yo-yo.

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

well if the yo-yo had SPINES on it metal spines mind you, It would be as lethal as a mace since a small heavy object could most likely hit harder than aa large object at a slow speed. and I bet you could point to one thing on your desk and say "omgosh! I could kill somewone with that!" (I am NOT repeat, NOT giving any ideas for the very deppressed or bullied [this is NOT a joke, seriously im really serious about this])

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

Is there actual historical evidence that says this is what yo-yos were developed for? I personally find it hard to believe.

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

I do to but i'm just going along with it it's entertaining ^^

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,678 posts
Jester

Well, it seems that there is a lot on different answers as far as that goes. Some people say "No, it was never a weapon." while others say "It was a weapon hundreds of years ago."

So it is up to the individual to decide I suppose. Not that it really matters. I could still probably kill you with a properly made yo-yo regardless of what it was made for...

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

Well, I have hit my brother with one. I'm not sure that it was ever designed as a weapon in the first place. I shall research it.

Moegreche
Moegreche
3,829 posts
Duke

I can't find evidence supporting the theory. Looks like they were first invented in China and given as toys. To me, though, the question is still a valid one: a yo-yo can be used as a weapon, even if they weren't invented as weapons.

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,678 posts
Jester

Yeah, I more or less came to that conclusion also. There must of been some reasoning behind it to start the "yo-yo as weapon" thing.

...I still want a deadly yo-yo. >_< What could be more boss that an innocent looking yo-yo that would kill you three different ways?

Showing 1-15 of 54