Forums

ForumsSupport Forum

Drop the 30 second time limit between posts.

Posted Mar 12, '08 at 5:59pm

idrumtomuch

idrumtomuch

116 posts

Some of us are actually capable of multi tasking and don't really want to wait 5 minutes to reply to ten different posts.

+1

Posted Mar 12, '08 at 6:11pm

Spartan

Spartan

2,866 posts

om is that a suggetion?

Posted Mar 12, '08 at 7:07pm

Devoidless

Devoidless

3,553 posts

You see, it is there to prevent people from spamming in on topic and abroad. Granted it may not work tothe fullest, it is still a buffer. It is not meant as an way to slow down just, fully able users. Besides, 30 seconds is the least amount of time someone should need to read the posts right before they post a response.

Posted Mar 12, '08 at 7:07pm

matsrulzbta

matsrulzbta

2 posts

if the 30 second is dropped then people will start posting giberish just to get the points. points are supposed to be earned and if they come without any effort then the points themselves are worthless.

Posted Mar 12, '08 at 7:36pm

Asherlee

Asherlee

5,189 posts

Knight

idrumtomuch, Devoidless said it right. It prevents people from excessive spamming. This is a good rule. Your multitasking comment doesn't make sense.

Also, did you mean to misspell your member name?

Posted Mar 12, '08 at 7:53pm

steevo15

steevo15

1,507 posts

i agree that it cuts down on spamming..a little bit, but there is one thing i have a question about. I could post something on a game and all i would have to do is refresh the page and i would be able to post again, and it hasn't been 30 seconds yet, i have used a stop watch to check. It only works on games though, i was wondering it this has happned to anyone else?

Posted Mar 12, '08 at 10:07pm

idrumtomuch

idrumtomuch

116 posts

I guess my ability to read at greater than a 3rd grade reading levels simply makes it pointless for me to allow 30 seconds between posts.

Sorry.

Posted Mar 13, '08 at 11:05am

Asherlee

Asherlee

5,189 posts

Knight

What does your reading level have to do with spam control? And obviously your reading level is low, because again, your username is misspelled.

Posted Mar 13, '08 at 11:31am

Megamickel

Megamickel

946 posts

Yer, the 30 second limit on ANY forum is important (though some don't have it) because while a few people may be able to read and type quicker than the site allows, the majority of people aren't hampered by the 30 second limit. If you really hate having to wait 30 seconds between posts, find something to do for half a minute... like learn that in the instance of your username, the "to" should be "too". In case you couldn't tell what they were on about in telling you it was spelt inkorectlee.

Posted Mar 13, '08 at 1:09pm

Skidzy

Skidzy

36 posts

we shouldnt drop the 30 seconds, but reduce them. and besides, if a spammer does occur to think they can flood. i think AG will do something

Reply to Drop the 30 second time limit between posts.

You must be logged in to post a reply!