ForumsGame WalkthroughsGemcraft- Grenadier Tactics

56 18794
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,988 posts
Grand Duke

This is a Gemcraft guide on tactics I use. So far though I ve played only till the 1st epic boss. BUT I've gotten glowing frame scores for all the levels before the epic boss. ( though on second tries).

*Now people say gembombs are useful, thats an understatement, their vital, explosive, powerful and awesome.
Introducing the:

GEMNADIER TACTIC( Grenadier + Gem, kinda lame but never mind)

Tactics:
Step 1 For the first few waves, just put two or three low grade( grade 1 or 2) in the initial towers. These will do fine. Next increase mana pool once( or twice once your initial mana is increased after adding skills).

Step 2, create as many lvl 1 gems as possible! Lvl 1 only! Always keep your fingers on the hotkeys for creating gems and gem bombs.

Step 3 just hurl the gems at the opponents, clicking on the hotkeys and tossing them into the fray! The enemy will be devastated, most of the time you can just click the next wave button before it arrives. If your feeling bold, just summon the next few waves. With this, your mana should be regenerated enough to create more bombs.

Step 4 If you have excess points( meaning you feel you have enough gems for a lvl) you can summon towers, higher grade gems( for towers) and increase mana pool. Of these options, mana pool comes first, then create gems, then towers. But only if you have the excess points.

Notes:
-Create backup towers near your base, jsut in case the ememies manage to get past. ( not often though)
-3k to 4k mana should be enough per level till the epic boss
-Water trenches help but only when fast enemies spawn ( and only when many spawn) so dont rely too much on them.
-At level 23, your most important skill unlocks, which increases gem bomb effectiveness. Max it as soon as possible,( save points for it beforehand) When its maxed, the damage radius of alvl one bomb can be as good as a lvl 4/5 one. Imagine a grade 7 gem bomb!
- Of course, increase mana skills are a must to max.
- Using this tactic, you dont need to waste mana making good stones, just spam bombs!
- Dont wait for your enemy to appear from the den, just throw bombs at the den, enemies will still be killed.

1st Epic boss fight

Same tactics as per other levels. BUT create very high grade gems from time to time, stockpiling them. When the boss appears, throw these at him. If you managed to get a grade 6 or 7 gem and used it in your towers( which I did for the epic boss) but when the boss got out of range, dont hesitate to throw it at him, unless you can relocate the gem to a tower nearer home. i killed him just when he almsot approached my house.

Pros of the tactic:
Most of the time you will get gold medals after the battle for the number of gems created, towers built, and the number of bombs thrown.

I still testing the tactic on the other levels, so Im not sure if this tactic will do in other levels.

Guide written by Nichodemus

• 56 Replies
Showing 61-60 of 56