ForumsArt, Music, and Writinguntitled story

11 3368
orion732
orion732
617 posts
Nomad

Prologue

Not many people realize it, but there are many different worlds out there. Iâm not talking about aliens and Elvis theories-these worlds are completely outside of our universe, and some are outside of our sphere of understanding. Very few people know these worlds exist, and even fewer people can travel between them. These worlds are created all the time-even hundreds at once. It is very easy to create a new world. All you have to do is write a story. Any story. When you write a story, anything and everything you imagined comes to life in the form of a new world. All the different characters act exactly as how you would imagine them, acting out the scenarios and dialogues you added to the story. There are also many other people in this new world, living out there lives, even if you didnât write about them in the story. And these characters walk and talk, think, further advances in their world, and some of them write stories too. And when they write their stories, the characters come to life too, making new worlds. And so the cycle continues, worlds spawning new worlds, each with their own unique characteristics and storylines.

This is the prologue of the story I'm writing. What do you think? Please reply, I need feedback.

• 11 Replies
kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

*cough*Inkheart-rip*cough*

This seems very similar to the story Inkheart...and Inkspell and Inkdeath....

orion732
orion732
617 posts
Nomad

Do you think so? I only read Inkheart once, and I don't remember it very well. I never liked that series. I drew my inspiration from Diana Wynn Jone's Chronicles of Chrestomanci.

orion732
orion732
617 posts
Nomad

Sorry about the weird symbol things. I don't know how they got there. I meant "I'm" and "Didn't"

paintballer222
paintballer222
565 posts
Nomad

Whait r u writing like a book about or is that what u believ.

orion732
orion732
617 posts
Nomad

I'm just writing a story. It's not actually what I believe, though I think it would be really cool if that was actually true.

paintballer222
paintballer222
565 posts
Nomad

Haha ok i thought that was what u believed for a second.

orion732
orion732
617 posts
Nomad

Even after our discussion about God and the Big Bang?

So, what do you think of the story? Do you think you'd like to read it?

dragonball05
dragonball05
1,717 posts
Shepherd

Ya I think I'd like to read it, as long as it had a good storyline. If you think about it, that does apply to fictional stories to an extent, and the way you worded it, it almost sounded like the author's were acting as god to these new worlds. Just what I got out of it.

orion732
orion732
617 posts
Nomad

Cool, well, thanks.

Armorkage
Armorkage
247 posts
Nomad

this isn't going to get anywhere if you remain abstract. finally, you will be overwhelmed and have no idea. this is what i think: you should make the story starting with a specific world, and continue it from there.

orion732
orion732
617 posts
Nomad

It does

Showing 1-11 of 11