ForumsThe TavernIs it bad if you don't feel pain?

149 22956
Qwerty001
Qwerty001
422 posts
Nomad

I don't feel pain... it's weird... I feel people punch me in the shoulders, trying to get me to say 'ow'. Pressure points don't work either... Open flames burn me and hot por

• 149 Replies
RugganBor
RugganBor
563 posts
Nomad

for insatance, if you have peices of shrapnel in you, and it hurts like heck, You are fine. If it is numb, you are screwed unless you get a medic. but if this is all the time, i dont know...

Pixie214
Pixie214
5,838 posts
Peasant

I don't feel pain much I just ignore but like everyone else has said qwerty get help from a profesional just because you can't feel it doesn't your body isn't taking damage.

random_player_of_ag
random_player_of_ag
2,636 posts
Nomad

Yes it is bad.

That means you have a disease in your nerves

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Like everbody else have said:
Pain is your alarm system that tells you something is wrong, or that you should stop doing something, because it will hurt you.
Just like putting your hand on something really hot. The pain talls you this is dangerous, and makes you move the hand fast, before the hand is damages further.

There have been a lot of cases with people not feeling pain, either temporary, or permanently.
Temporarily can be soldiers that fight on, even though they have been shot several times, not feeling the pain because of the adrenalin rush.
Permanently can be like the girl that was taken to the doctor, because her leg was swollen and very red. The doctor pressed the leg several places, asking if it hurt, but she said no. After the xrays, they concluded her leg was severely broken.

So, yeah, go a doctor, find out what to do
OR
stop doing anything dangerous at all, because you will just end up breaking yourself for real.

Qwerty001
Qwerty001
422 posts
Nomad

What the? I wasn't finished...

I don't feel pain... it's weird... I feel people punch me in the shoulders, trying to get me to say 'ow'. Pressure points don't work either... Open flames burn me and hot porcilane. But hot wax does not... I have ADHD if that helps... and if someone hits my head with their entire hand or squeezes my nose it hurts... that's about it...

For the record I can feel pain... just not often, the other day some kid slammed my head into the drinking fountain... I felt it but it didn't hurt... I just kept drinking... lol

I like ellipsis (...)

[/post]
BVHdrummer
BVHdrummer
379 posts
Nomad

Like I said before. Here Ill post it again

You might have CIPA. Its a genetic disease where you cant feel any pain. Are you able to sweat? Because if you can't then its a possibility that you do have it. Because the "A" in CIPA stands for Anhidrosis, which means that you cant, or have a hard time sweating.

Qwerty001
Qwerty001
422 posts
Nomad

Yes I sweat quite often. It hasn't been present since birth; it just started a year ago.

The odds of being born with this condition are 1 in 125 million.

BVHdrummer
BVHdrummer
379 posts
Nomad

You dont need to give me the link. I know alot about CIPA because Im studying on it in school because I wanna become a doctor. Anyways...you are probably going through a phase where you subconciensously think you are tough so your body ignores the pain.

bigdaddyg
bigdaddyg
372 posts
Nomad

not feeling pain is a bad thing and a good thing. for example if u get shot or break a bone or something u wont realize that ur hurt and u would probably die from blood loss or some other causes. however, pain clouds judgments. so if ur alone some place and hurt pain might stop u from thinking straight. so if u couldn't feel pain after the accident occurred that would probably help u to make good decisions to save ur life.

so what im trying to say is that it would be good if u could feel the pain right when it happened. but it would also be good if u couldn't feel pain after the accident so that u could make life saving decisions.

FrickLmann
FrickLmann
16 posts
Nomad

not feeling pain is a bad thing and a good thing. for example if u get shot or break a bone or something u wont realize that ur hurt and u would probably die from blood loss or some other causes.

i think if someone shoot on you you would search your body for injuries or something...and dont go away like nothing happend

i couldn´t imagin how to live without pain....its an important thing in your life...
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

Someone slammed you into a drinking fountain and it didn't hurt?
Either you have a disease, or you are supernatural.

Qwerty001
Qwerty001
422 posts
Nomad

Gee thanks Firetail! That means a lot to me! I'm gonna put that in my profile! YAY!

you are probably going through a phase where you subconciensously think you are tough so your body ignores the pain.

[sarcasm]Gee thanks BVHdrummer! That means sooooo much to me! I feel lots better now![/sarcasm]

When people use square brackets to make a point they are using HTML(hyper text markup language)
supersmiley
supersmiley
844 posts
Nomad

oh yeah that stinks...feeling pain is fun...lol jk pain sux

Somers
Somers
1,532 posts
Nomad

Dam man go crazy thats awesome

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

well as long as you can feel extreme pain and things hitting you,then I would think it would be fine,but people with more severe issues with not feeling pain can have some serious issues.This one girl who couldn't feel pain poked her eye out as a child and wasn't able to notify her parents that it had happened,because she didn't cry to notify that she felt pain.The reason why was that she didn't and because of this she almost died(or at least lost her eye,I can't remember the whole story exactly to point) but this is an example of how it can be bad to not feel pain.I actually wouldn't mind not feeling small pains like that.It would help with my developing carpel tunnel and all that good stuff,but there are reasons why we feel pain.This is a defensive force of our bodies to keep us alive,and we pretty much need it to survive....for now.

Showing 16-30 of 149