Forums

ForumsThe Tavern

Is it bad if you don't feel pain?

Posted Feb 15, '09 at 11:14am

Qwerty001

Qwerty001

428 posts

What the? I wasn't finished...

I don't feel pain... it's weird... I feel people punch me in the shoulders, trying to get me to say 'ow'. Pressure points don't work either... Open flames burn me and hot porcilane. But hot wax does not... I have ADHD if that helps... and if someone hits my head with their entire hand or squeezes my nose it hurts... that's about it...

For the record I can feel pain... just not often, the other day some kid slammed my head into the drinking fountain... I felt it but it didn't hurt... I just kept drinking... lol

I like ellipsis (...)

[/post]

Posted Feb 15, '09 at 12:47pm

BVHdrummer

BVHdrummer

392 posts

Like I said before. Here Ill post it again

You might have CIPA. Its a genetic disease where you cant feel any pain. Are you able to sweat? Because if you can't then its a possibility that you do have it. Because the "A" in CIPA stands for Anhidrosis, which means that you cant, or have a hard time sweating.

Posted Feb 15, '09 at 1:38pm

Qwerty001

Qwerty001

428 posts

Yes I sweat quite often. It hasn't been present since birth; it just started a year ago.

The odds of being born with this condition are 1 in 125 million.

Posted Feb 15, '09 at 1:44pm

BVHdrummer

BVHdrummer

392 posts

You dont need to give me the link. I know alot about CIPA because Im studying on it in school because I wanna become a doctor. Anyways...you are probably going through a phase where you subconciensously think you are tough so your body ignores the pain.

Posted Feb 15, '09 at 2:55pm

bigdaddyg

bigdaddyg

381 posts

not feeling pain is a bad thing and a good thing. for example if u get shot or break a bone or something u wont realize that ur hurt and u would probably die from blood loss or some other causes. however, pain clouds judgments. so if ur alone some place and hurt pain might stop u from thinking straight. so if u couldn't feel pain after the accident occurred that would probably help u to make good decisions to save ur life.

so what im trying to say is that it would be good if u could feel the pain right when it happened. but it would also be good if u couldn't feel pain after the accident so that u could make life saving decisions.

Posted Feb 15, '09 at 5:18pm

FrickLmann

FrickLmann

16 posts

not feeling pain is a bad thing and a good thing. for example if u get shot or break a bone or something u wont realize that ur hurt and u would probably die from blood loss or some other causes.

i think if someone shoot on you you would search your body for injuries or something...and dont go away like nothing happend

i couldn´t imagin how to live without pain....its an important thing in your life...

Posted Feb 15, '09 at 5:25pm

firetail_madness

firetail_madness

21,765 posts

Someone slammed you into a drinking fountain and it didn't hurt?
Either you have a disease, or you are supernatural.

Posted Feb 16, '09 at 4:12pm

Qwerty001

Qwerty001

428 posts

Gee thanks Firetail! That means a lot to me! I'm gonna put that in my profile! YAY!

you are probably going through a phase where you subconciensously think you are tough so your body ignores the pain.

[sarcasm]Gee thanks BVHdrummer! That means sooooo much to me! I feel lots better now![/sarcasm]

When people use square brackets to make a point they are using HTML(hyper text markup language)

Posted Feb 16, '09 at 5:01pm

supersmiley

supersmiley

867 posts

oh yeah that stinks...feeling pain is fun...lol jk pain sux

Posted Feb 16, '09 at 6:25pm

Somers

Somers

1,604 posts

Dam man go crazy thats awesome

Reply to Is it bad if you don't feel pain?

You must be logged in to post a reply!