ForumsThe TavernIs it bad if you don't feel pain?

149 22986
Qwerty001
Qwerty001
422 posts
Nomad

I don't feel pain... it's weird... I feel people punch me in the shoulders, trying to get me to say 'ow'. Pressure points don't work either... Open flames burn me and hot por

• 149 Replies
SuperZagron
SuperZagron
424 posts
Nomad

It probably has something to do with the nerves in your body.

irockownage
irockownage
87 posts
Nomad

thats weird

Biligum
Biligum
13 posts
Nomad

That is most definitely and without a doubt extremely bad.

Pain is a natural part of the functions of the human body, and it's there for a reason. Pain is basically your body's way of telling you, "Hey. Something's wrong. Fix it." Without it, life-threatening or debilitating things can happen and run amock and unchecked.

I've heard of some cases like yours, where somehow the nervous system is incapable of alerting the brain to a problem within the body, and it's supposed to be quite rare.

Regardless of these facts (which have probably been repeated somewhere within the eight pages of this thread), it's highly important that you see a doctor about these matters, if you haven't already. I can't imagine why you wouldn't have yet, but seeing as how you're posting it on a forum in curiousity, it doesn't seem that way.

Oh, and to hailman670, what you're describing is a (more or less)perfectly natural process caused by adrenaline. When someone is going through a significant amount of stress (be it eustress or distress), the adrenal glands within the body release adrenaline and cause something called the "Fight or Flight" reaction. That's mostly unimportant to what you're talking about, but basically, the body becomes stronger, faster, more rapid in thought, and (I believe) similarly to what you spoke of, sometimes even ignnores pain. So your anger is triggering a sort of superhuman state which is at the same time a completely human thing. Think of the Vikings, with their beserkir warriors, or Naruto with his nine-tail transformation.

Oh, dear, did I actually just reference Naruto? My. That anime had a really adverse effect on me.

boothead
boothead
67 posts
Nomad

I have a similar problem, in the past I have always had problems with hitting my head and having to go to the hospital, And then I think three years ago I wrecked mt bike on the side of a mountain and it was so bad I alamost became a vegtable. Now I feel little to no pain I think it is cool frankly but my emotional stuff is doubled so it is kinda wierd being a guy that can be really emotional at times.

MusicCrazed123
MusicCrazed123
185 posts
Nomad

I don't feel pain... it's weird... I feel people punch me in the shoulders, trying to get me to say 'ow'. Pressure points don't work either... Open flames burn me and hot por.

I'm the exact same way. Zomg.

brooke_1997
brooke_1997
545 posts
Nomad

i feel pain but i enjoy it, it feels good

How does pain feel good..? If you want pain, Go jump off a building. That would feel soo painful and you would enjoy it. xP
Infantryman123
Infantryman123
138 posts
Nomad

Yea, I guess it could be bad if you don't feel pain. If you seriously don't feel pain try to jump off the empire state building and i'll put it on You Tube! You could become famous!

Qwerty001
Qwerty001
422 posts
Nomad

ugh most of these i don't get but i have come very close to a concussion... it was in 6th grade... me and this kid were playfully "fighting" in the locker room when i kicked him really hard in the shin. He looked mad so i started running but he grabbed the back of my shirt and i fell and hit the back of my head on the concrete floor of the locker room. i had a huge bump there. the next day i had my tonsils removed. i was gone for a week and he thoiught i was dead. i came back and was greeted with an apology... now we are good friends. but my near concussion impaired my vison so i now have 85 right eye and 165 left.

Qwerty001
Qwerty001
422 posts
Nomad

i wouldn't be alive now if i had CIPA and even iif i was only 17 people in the US have it

Qwerty001
Qwerty001
422 posts
Nomad

I can't jump off the Empire State Building because i feel pain it can still affect me.

Qwerty001
Qwerty001
422 posts
Nomad

Nobody understands! It's not like I don't feel anything, it just doesn't hurt me. For example, if someone punches me in the arm i fell the blood displace and i can be bruised it just doesn't really hurt. I have a sensory disorder too.

Qwerty001
Qwerty001
422 posts
Nomad

Thank you! Geez! That's exactly how I feel.

Qwerty001
Qwerty001
422 posts
Nomad

Apparently I have "nerve damage"

VoltCruelerz
VoltCruelerz
501 posts
Nomad

I believe that lack of pain can be cause by low potassium levels (or is it sodium... can't remember)

You could also have developed a mental resistance to it... Or perhaps your adrenal glands release extra amounts of epinephrine... For a concussion to only reduce the sensory of pain is very unlikely. If there were other changes such as memory loss or a change in your personality, or numbness somewhere it could be that but as it stands, it is very unlikely...

(Oh and nice quadruple post lol...)

VoltCruelerz
VoltCruelerz
501 posts
Nomad

Just for clarification, Epinephrine accompanies adrenaline and is the "super" hormone... It small doses, it makes you ignore all pain, but in large doses, you can end up like one of these guys: http://dsc.discovery.com/tv/human-body/human-body.html

There is no longer the video that I wish you could see, but it is the image of the guy under the rock on the main page...

Simply put, epinephrine switches off darn near every inhibitor in your brain... The average person when trying their hardest only uses 10% of their full strength and adrenaline can knock it up to 15%. Being a Chinese monk can crank it to 20-25% but getting pumped full of epinephrine sends you straight to 100%. This is how the stories of people rolling cars, lifting helicopters, and throwing multi-ton boulders are justified...

Epi also has similar effects to adrenaline. It also dilates the bronchial tubes which is why epi pens contain both epinephrine and adrenaline...

Showing 76-90 of 149