Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Fascism

Thread Locked

Posted Mar 16, '08 at 12:16am

Megamickel

Megamickel

946 posts

@Wally: http://www.worldfuturefund.org/wffmaste … .htm
Go
there, it'll explain fascism. It's not racism, and to say such a thing is offensive to me, because I'm anti-Nazi. I'm half-German and am SICK of what that's associated with because of Hitler. Granted, the German parts of me were already stateside, but... Whatever.

I posted this to clear up misconceptions that fascism is neo-nazi racism with retarded laws that make breathing impossible. That kind of bigotry is why the AFP doesn't really exist anymore. That and the fact that fascism doesn't really work except in ideas, because, like ANY government (INCLUDING our own, take a look!), those with power will become corrupt.

Posted Mar 16, '08 at 1:02am

WallyOhio

WallyOhio

164 posts

its a bad link...
i never said fascism was racism.
i find it hard to believe someone could be so weak minded and unsure of themselves, to actually want a dictator to rule over them.
did your parents ignore you, and you're just yearning for some discipline? do you really want someone to control you?!
i'm just trying to figure out what in the world would cause you to think that would be a better way of life!
i know our system isn't perfect, but it's what we make of it...not what someone tells us to make of it.

Posted Mar 16, '08 at 1:22am

Megamickel

Megamickel

946 posts

Do you want a weak government? People don't need freedom - they need a system that will ensure that society as a whole functions. I hate democracy and all it stands for, especially when the officials we elect have NO responsibility to voters once they're in office. You sound like the typical young American, you have hope and optimism. I'm a realist - the system sucks, it's time for change. Do I think fascism would work better? No. Officials with power always become corrupt after time.

And I dunno why the link is bad, it didn't post they way it should have...
Try this

Posted Mar 16, '08 at 12:38pm

Asherlee

Asherlee

5,189 posts

Knight

So, what about my issues with it?

Posted Mar 16, '08 at 6:22pm

Kurgle

Kurgle

165 posts

It seems with either A Fascist or Communist government, that one man always ends up on top.

Posted Mar 16, '08 at 6:37pm

Niceguy878

Niceguy878

222 posts

I believe people should live how they want to live, just as long as they don't negatively affect other people in the process. I have no problem with fascism.

Posted Mar 16, '08 at 7:23pm

Megamickel

Megamickel

946 posts

@ Kurgle - Fascism was designed to have one man at the top. Communism is, ironically, supposed to be a lack of government wherein the people would all rely on and watch each other, making an organized government unnecessary. Both are ideal philosophies that only end up with corruption and human greed destroying the very principles they are founded on.

Posted Mar 16, '08 at 7:35pm

Kurgle

Kurgle

165 posts

Ahh, well either way I don't like Fascism.

Posted Mar 16, '08 at 7:39pm

Megamickel

Megamickel

946 posts

Because... you don't like authoritarian rule? Are you an anarchist?

Posted Mar 16, '08 at 7:40pm

Niceguy878

Niceguy878

222 posts

I know you feel strongly about your government Megamickel, but why are you complaining about what other people say about your government to us?