ForumsWEPRFascism

41 12569
Megamickel
Megamickel
902 posts
Peasant

I'm tired of being treated with ignorance and bigotry. People simply fail to understand the core concepts of fascism, and the fact that it's NOT nazism - we're not 'kill-the-jews Third-Reich' racist people. We're authoritarian, nationalist, collectivist, and generally conservative. Nazism was BASED on fascism, but fascism was around first. In fact, had it not been for Italy's involvement in WWII and corruption by the Germans, Mussolini would be considered one of the most successful leaders of all time. Mussolini had an EXTREMELY high approval rating as prime minister, and set up the economy for a huge boost a decade after the war.

So, what exactly is fascism? Fascism is a form of government based around once concept - the will of one, the good of many. No one person is more important than the entire country. If the whole is improving, then the individual is unimportant. So what if a few die to improve the whole? Better that a few sacrifice themselves to save everyone else than we all suffer. This leads me to the next point - duty. We all have a duty to serve our country, one way or another. Your country gave birth to you, repay her. The best way to die is with a rifle in your hand next to your comrades. And don't forget loyalty. The highest of crimes is treason, as this causes suffering not only to your family but to the entire nation. Remain loyal and you will be rewarded.

Those three points (obedience, duty, and loyalty) are the basis of fascism. Fascists are NOT the people who make the retarded laws - that's communists. Who, ironically, want to move towards anarchy, but end up censoring everything and controlling the people because the politicians don't want to lose their jobs Fascist law may be strict, but it's not evil. In fact, it wouldn't affect you much more than the current law does if you're a law-abiding citizen.

• 41 Replies
Megamickel
Megamickel
902 posts
Peasant

@ Kurgle - Fascism was designed to have one man at the top. Communism is, ironically, supposed to be a lack of government wherein the people would all rely on and watch each other, making an organized government unnecessary. Both are ideal philosophies that only end up with corruption and human greed destroying the very principles they are founded on.

Kurgle
Kurgle
163 posts
Nomad

Ahh, well either way I don't like Fascism.

Megamickel
Megamickel
902 posts
Peasant

Because... you don't like authoritarian rule? Are you an anarchist?

Niceguy878
Niceguy878
220 posts
Nomad

I know you feel strongly about your government Megamickel, but why are you complaining about what other people say about your government to us?

Megamickel
Megamickel
902 posts
Peasant

Because it was the ignorant people here who toss around "fascist" as a political swearword that ticked me off.

Kurgle
Kurgle
163 posts
Nomad

I like the ideals of Communism, fully achieved Communism, not the guy on top who looks down upon his fellow people.

Megamickel
Megamickel
902 posts
Peasant

Sure, communism is a good idea on paper. It's horrible in practice, because it never works out the way it's supposed to. In that, Karl Marx was just another idealist like me.

Kurgle
Kurgle
163 posts
Nomad

If someone could get it to work and be uncorrupted then it would be good.

Megamickel
Megamickel
902 posts
Peasant

So could fascism. You know, they're not so different, and both involve the improvement of the whole by the diminishing of the individual.

Mordred
Mordred
84 posts
Nomad

But it will never work, humans are imperfect, and will act out of selfishnish

Megamickel
Megamickel
902 posts
Peasant

And that's why I have to be realistic and want my freedoms protected, since without them, people will become corrupt and take power and ruin fascism's name. Mussolini wasn't a bad ruler until he got caught up with WWII. He had a very high approval rating and the economy swelled under his rule.

Mordred
Mordred
84 posts
Nomad

Its like with democracy, people abuse thier freedom, and with fascism, the leaders abuse their power. Its like nothing works, or doesn't work like it should.

Megamickel
Megamickel
902 posts
Peasant

Exactly - people are just corrupt morons destined to ruin anything we create.

Mordred
Mordred
84 posts
Nomad

Maybe someday through genetic manipulation we can destroy the stuff that makes us selfish and hateful :P

Kurgle
Kurgle
163 posts
Nomad

I think it's because of the Nazis that I don't like Fascism. I know they corrupted it but I am a Gypsy and so it kinda killed it for me.

Showing 16-30 of 41