ForumsGame WalkthroughsSomeone willing to do a full Sonny walkthru

28 28155
Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

Hey all you regular walkthru users and makers, I would like to request a full, well made Sonny walk thru. It is the most questioned game around. I think some collaboration with a few of you guys that have already made some short walkthrus would be great. I'm talking make an FAQ guide by gathering the popular questions on the forum, making a boss guide, a getting-started, I mean do it all. Then once it is all together and we can make the topics stick, I will be willing to make it sticky.

Please give credit where it is due, also.

• 28 Replies
Sharkbate
Sharkbate
372 posts
Peasant

Sonny WalkThrough
Ver 1.066
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Language Options:

English

Deutsch

Click Which ever suits you.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Controls:
Use the mouse. As simple as that!
Classes

Destroyer - A physical melee class, specializing in strength and endurance. You can play as a defensive (survival)
or offensive character. This seemed like a logical beginner character so I choose
this. There are 3 other options.

Guardian - A hybrid class, based in both magic and physical strength. The guardian has very high survivability and
offers many different play styles.

Assassin - A physical melee class, with high speed and high burst damage,
but low health

Gunslinger - A magic-based class, that can deal massive damage with deadly spells and abilities.
The Gunslinger, however, has very low health.

Stage 1 - destroyer Ship

This seems to be an intro where you learn how to attack and manage everything.
Just defeat all the enemies and you should be ok!

Be sure to visit the shop to buy some more items! The teeshirt looks very stylish this time of year!

Stage 2

I recommend training your character before fighting the next level(just do it). You earn exp and get items that will
be VERY useful⦠I did a real fight and atraining fight alternating to make sure I had enough EXP to move forward..

Note: make sure you buy weapons for you class level!!! I learned this the HARD way!

Stage 2 Boss - I beat the boss by having my teemage on tactical and using the wound attack for everything.
I also used iron skin to give myself some more health as well.

Stage 3 - It seems that you should be on level 10 before moving forward. If you are not, like myself,
you will need to level up!

Tip: Sometimes it is better to just survive until the enemy runs out of magic. Once they do, their attacks are much much weaker!

Tip: sometimes luck plays a role. I have played the same battle 20 times until I finally win. Sometimes, the enemies unfairly gang up on a unit causing much harm!

End Boss baron: Keep your players alive. Use break and hope nothing ill happens to the medicâ¦I also equipped all defensive moves to keep my players alive longer. It took a LONG time but I eventually beat the boss..

End Boss Paridin: pending - Remember to equip back the attack gear. I beat him by removing all of my stats and focusing on health and regen. I also had smash and break. I used break when he put rage on himself and kept healing myself and my partner. It took some time, but Sonny was triumphant!

Level 4 - Non Story mode

Note, you need to go to the map in order to get to Level 4. I was playing the boss for level 3 a few thousand times before I figured this outâ¦

Training level - So training level is annoying. Once they start shielding, and you are down a man, just give up. It is not worth fighting over. I have the new girl set as aggressive and the medic set as defense. Also donât forget to equip the new girl! She is your whole attack strategy. Whoever she hits first, focus on. Also, keep her alive at all costs! If she falls, the enemy is much harder!

Note from anonymous: you have more than then assassin girl. you also have a gunslinger, destroyer, and guardian. there will be boxes beside the assassin girl in ur inventory, you just have to shift+click the box to use them. they start at level 12, and it takes a while to train them, but itâs worth it since they each have their advantages against each boss.

Ignition - I used a very basic strategy to defeat him.

Break his knee caps. I used the shatter bolt to stun him two turns and break to stun him 1 turn. That is 3
turns he cannot move. I would then depend on my assasin to take big hits.
Invest in healing. I would heal if he put the death spell on a character. Alive characters
are happier than dead ones
Stay alive! You do those tips, you will have him dead!
Omen: I have not defeated him yet just beat him but here is my strategy

Good luck!
By//blog.sillica.com/2008/01/08/sonny-walkthrough/?cp=7
Ver 1.1(redone by Sarkbate)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Monster Guide

White November:

Metabli Level 1
Metabli Level 2
Metabli Level 2,
Zombie Level 1
Zombie Level 2,
Zombie Level 2
Metabli Level 2,
Metabli Level 2,
Zombie Level 2
ZPCI Medic Level 5,
ZPCI Captain Level 5,
ZPCI Assault Level 5

Ishiguroâ??s Rest:

Frost Zombie Level 3
GSG9 Assault Level 4,
GSG9 Assault Level 4,
GSG9 Assault Level 4
Ghost Samurai Level 4
Ghost Assassin Level 4
GSG9 Level 2,
GSG9 Level 2,
ZPCI Hunter Level 5
Frost Zombie Level 5,
Frost Zombie Level 4
ZPCI Hunter Level 5,
ZPCI Hunter Level 5,
ZPCI Hunter Level 5
Ghost Assassin Level 6,
Ghost Samurai Level 6
Ghost Samurai Level 6,
Ghost Samurai Level 6,
Ghost Samurai Level 6
Sensei Ishiguro

BYarkHeadMaster
Redone by Sharkbate
Ver 1.01
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tips:

First, here are a few tips that helped me.
* Shatter bolt is probably the best spell. Always have it in your arsenal - equipped twice.
Why is it so good? well, it takes out the really big buffs (dark omen, enrage, super healings).
Once you know these are coming you can always prevent them for at least two turns. But here
is the main reason: it gives you TIME. in this turn based game, time is very important - your cooldown in
other spells recovers during that time, your teammates can heal you/them and you can take
out an opponent completely once he has low health.
* Break is probably the next best spell from the same reason, but not always needed if
you have shatter bolt twice. In tough battles, it is wise to equip it also, just in case
and you need that extra turn.
* Besides the combat medic, I prefer to have the gunslinger girl next to me. She can heal
just as the combat medic, and cast many spells that âcurseâ the enemy. She can cast the re-energize spell. Also, thereâs
always a nice chance sheâll cast shatter bolt. She also has lower speed than you (probably) and in most battles it can help you.

Now for the big bosses (again):
* Equip yourself with all the classâs items. Equip the medic with the entire paladinâs suit, and one of
the big guns (to gain extra magic or focus). The other
teammate should be fully
equipped according to his class as well.
* You can level up as much as you want, it will only be good for you. But letâs agree that
sonny lvl 25 is probably enough.

* Ignition:
Respec. Invest in heroic motivation rank 3, so you can dispell 3 spells from your team mates - in case
and they have more curses besides âfateâ. Place two of these in the bar. Invest in block for 1 rank.
This is for the option and you have âfateâ on you (use it instead of heroic motivation if able). It
is better that you go first in this battle, so you can always heal teammates from âfateâ. That means
you need to have the highest speed - you can either invest in points, or take some speed boosts objects
from your teammates. Also - it is recommended not to use the assassin girl since she might cast shadow
blend and this can lead into her being killed. Since the âfateâ spell is no longer a factor in the battle,
you should win with whatever class you play.

* Omen:
Respec. As given in my tips, if you place two shatter bolts and one break, you should be
able to always
prevent the attack after the dark omen spell, and slowly kill omen. Since it takes
time, you should consider putting high regeneration so youâll have enough focus during
the battle. If you donât use the assassin girl, it will take a long time to kill him.
If you do use her (cause you want some serious damage), PAY ATTENTION: if she uses the
shadow blend spell, youll get an extra attack. Use it. Then, when it is about to end
(one round left), USE SHATTER BOLT. Omen will now have an extra attack (just as you did)
but will miss it since you stunned him. Now, even with the assassin girl, you prevented
the effect of the dark omen spell. Now all you have to do is to wish the medic uses his
poison when omen uses dark omen - it will damage him for something around 50k (and will
make the battle a lot shorter).

* Dr. whatever:
Respec. Take subversion and shatter bolt. Equip shatter bolt twice. This might take some
time but you should hit him for 10000 damage. Once heâs close to the 99000 limit, use
shatter bolt. Then, when the effect ends, use the second shatter bolt. This should give
you the extra damage you need to cast the subversion spell (cause if you cast it and your
teammates then hit him, they might bring his life back up to over 99000). When the stun
effect ends - cast subversion. If the dr. is under 99000 health, he will kill himself.

* Shadow:
First you have to realize this game depends on a little luck. If you miss this dude
on crutial times, just try again. Maybe leveling up more can help you.
Now you can choose from two methods to kill this guy:
1. With teammates - respec. Learn disruption and shatter bolt (both can be rank 1). Equip
disruption twice, shatter bolt twice, and break. Also, very usefull is electro bolt,
especially when he has shadow blend on him. The other spaces should be for attacking abilities
. The point here is to never let him have 100 focus. In the first turn use shatter bolt.
This will make him lose that extra turn in the first round (or is it just happening to me?).
Then hit him for disruption (you can try shatter bolt first, in case and you keep missing
the disruption spell. This will give two opportunities to cast it, in case and you miss the
first time. Then again, if you miss the shatter bolt itself, it wonât do you any good). Kill
his 2 shadow buddies and then go for him. This should take a long time and might be frustrating,
but in the end youâll be able to kill him - as long as you keep him without 100 focus.
2. Without teammates - respec. Invest in regeneration, reform, block. Equip block twice.
You can also put subversion just in case. Anytime he has 100 focus, cast one of these. They
should keep you alive for that turn. Let your teammates die, and start killing him slowly.
Reform, regeneration and even some sort of focus recovery are important so you wonât die or
run out of focus during the normal battle. Without his super attack it should take you a
long time to kill him, but hopefully eventually youâll do it.

Good luck!

By//blog.sillica.com/2008/01/08/sonny-walkthrough/?cp=7
Redone by:Sharkbate
Ver 1.02
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

scientifico
scientifico
68 posts
Nomad

sharkbate i dont want to annoy you but you haven't exactly told us how to beat all the battles. like how to beat rockstar etc.you just gave an overveiw of the game and threw in some useless stuff. try making a proper walkthrough next time. no offense, but it would be a lot better. im making a walkthrough too and it is FULL. that means every battle in detail. please send me some stuff.

Storyrider
Storyrider
26 posts
Nomad

That game was intense, and, walkthroughs always make going back through the game more enjoyable.

groudongr
groudongr
12 posts
Nomad

i will make a walk through for all classes and every zone.

Zarzima_2112
Zarzima_2112
22 posts
Nomad

i cant beat the paladins rienforcements!
they are so hard. i keep on trying but i just cant beat them!(by the way, i hate the sniper)

~Zarzima~

drakokirby
drakokirby
1,651 posts
Shepherd

So whos the next comrade you get after Veradux? Which Area and whats his/hers specialty

JWE
JWE
111 posts
Nomad

You're spelling walkthrough wrong Asherlee.

Also ubertuna try not making a unreadable wall of text.

HTK
HTK
15 posts
Nomad
imrockinboy
imrockinboy
52 posts
Nomad

hey thnx for the gr8 walkthrough

richardfucci
richardfucci
3 posts
Nomad

thanks for the walkthrough. didnt really need it but figured id check it out anyways just to be safe.

igotnousername
igotnousername
72 posts
Nomad

i have been seeing this "?" marks with diamond shape.

Octugen
Octugen
36 posts
Nomad

Full Sonny walkthroughs are on Krinlabs, Krin's website. They took time and care to write those walkthroughs.

Koizumi09
Koizumi09
2 posts
Nomad

A few tips for beating the final bosses (The sherman thing, Omen, Doc n Sinjid)

First for the Sherman:

Team- Amber, Veradux
Key Skills- Block/Subversion

Just keep beating him up. Use block if he gives u the annoying fate buff. (Subversion will do too)He'll eventually die cause he has no heal.

Omen:

Team- Destroyer, Veradux
Key Skills- Heroic Motivation, Shatter bolt/ Break

His normal strikes are strong so u'll need to keep healing n stay alive. Once he activates his 'dark omen' skill, Break him. Your team mates will take care of dealing a fair amount of dmg.

Doc Heragods (Or sumthing):

Team- Amber, Varedux
Key skills: SUBVERSION (without it, this guy is impossible to beat), Shatter bolt, Break.

Most of the players will find this guy most difficult to beat coz of his MASSIVE HP n Focus. The key here is to use his total HP Heal skill against him. Beat him up first, take about 6000 of his health. Stun him for 4 turns using 2 shatter bolts, break him n give him subversion. Watch the highest amount of dmg being dealth in the whole game!

Last but not the least, Sinjid:

Team- Destroyer, Varedux
Key skills- Any skill that drains focus (His main skill takes 100 focus so he cannot kill u even if he has 99 focus), Shatter bolt, Electro bolt, Coup de grace.

This one requires a proper tactics. The two 'Shadow's Shadow' things are just illusions. They have quite a lot of HP but do 1 dmg. U'll have to kill them because they distract your teams attention towards the main boss. They can also re-energize Sinjid. All u gotta do is to drain Sinjid's focus, kill both his noobs, keep drainin sinjid's focus as he re-energizes self (His re-energize is full focus recover spell, not like one of Varedux). The thing that is the biggest problem here is Sinjid's shadow blend. If he re-energizes while in shadow blend, n u fail to drain his Focus, u're dead.

Thats all. I beat the game with Assassin at lvl 26 ^^
After done with this, play Sonny 2 on Heroic difficulty, It'll give u a strategy to think of as bosses will lvl with u :P

Showing 16-28 of 28