ForumsProgramming ForumHow do i learn to make games. (I'm having trouble with CartoonSmart)

9 2531
Gamer4Lyfe
Gamer4Lyfe
105 posts
Nomad

I am trying really hard to learn how to make games off of flash, but CartoonSmart's tutorials are really complicated because he doesnt explain how he does certain things. (Like how do you learn what stop(); or whatever it is.) It kindof is frustrating. Any advise on how to learn the basic small details?

• 9 Replies
dank
dank
986 posts
Peasant

Not cartoon smart. He's a total failure at AS. Just look at the docs in the help. They're extremely helpful.

Gamer4Lyfe
Gamer4Lyfe
105 posts
Nomad

what are the docs?

Gamer4Lyfe
Gamer4Lyfe
105 posts
Nomad

Isn't there anyone out there that can help me with this? I really want to know how to make flash animations and games.

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

hmm well while I can't say I can help you too much myself,I can tell you that you will probably have to be patient when waiting for a response on this forum section as it is not the most active forum section.I hope you figure out what to do though...

Gamer4Lyfe
Gamer4Lyfe
105 posts
Nomad

I will re-Fraze the question. Are there any animators out there that will give me there secret on how they learned to make them? (No answers with the words College or Money in them. :P)

Gamer4Lyfe
Gamer4Lyfe
105 posts
Nomad

i love how you guys are taking a lot of thought into this.... (yeah right.)

Gamer4Lyfe
Gamer4Lyfe
105 posts
Nomad

i guess someone could delete this because noone cares.

dank
dank
986 posts
Peasant

It's called practice and experience.

Gamer4Lyfe
Gamer4Lyfe
105 posts
Nomad

well you posted here again, but you still didn't tell me your advise i didnt understand up there Dank.

Showing 1-9 of 9