ForumsProgramming ForumNeed some concept in this flash game that I'm developing (Urgent)?

3 2510
billy13
billy13
2 posts
Nomad

Hi! I'm new here. I'm currently developing this flash game for my thesis. It's an algebra game, with 10 sample questions plus choices including 3 cheats, but i made it some sort of fighting-based. Every time a user answer a question, it will proceed to the attack phase. The user has two options: a combo and a special item, the special item can produce more damage points than combo item but it requires one defense item in inventory, so the user should use it wisely or else he will have no defense item for the enemy's attack.
The objective of this game so far, is to have a huge score until the last question, but I find it to be too lame so I want you guys to, maybe share ideas which can make it fun to play. The sillier/crazier the better. Also, the game's duration depends on how the user answer a question, but i want to put some sort of a strategy here, the above ideas are not enough so i thought about asking from you guys to seek help of on how to make it better.

• 3 Replies
IESA20
IESA20
153 posts
Nomad

well you should defiantly have a difficulty setting if possiable making the questions harder with the difficulty of coarse

SonOfChaos
SonOfChaos
2 posts
Nomad

Well, my first recommendation is remove the math...didn't think that would work though.

My second is storyline/characters. Yes, RPGs like FF IIerr....IV and so forth were simple math based fighting engines, but the characters, that really made them legends.

Third. Energy bars...Street Fighter 2ish, instead of points, have them directly conquer enemies. Correct answers can inflict damage or block attacks. You can use this to force them to answer within certain time limits.

Fourth. Upgrades...after winning fights let them purchase upgrades, this is used to death in many good flash games. The better you defeat your opponent, the more money to buy upgrades which you will need to fight next opponent, giving you more time to answer harder questions, special attacks, items etc. Game balancing is a must.

Fifth. Multiple characters, ties in with story line.

Sixth. IGNORE ME!!!!

billy13
billy13
2 posts
Nomad

Thanks for your awesome ideas! That's exactly what I'm thinking also. BTW, the algebra - thing, it was our thesis adviser who suggest that subject in order to accept our thesis proposal, co'z he's a math major^_^

Showing 1-3 of 3