ForumsSupport ForumPoints disapearing

9 3401
royandgrand
royandgrand
188 posts
Shepherd

ok danks points disapear some other guy and much more other people points dissapear now my points disapear people randomly flag comments and fourm posts so the posts and comments thats bin flaged gets erase how can we stop this i lost 200 points!

• 9 Replies
nick_coolhaha
nick_coolhaha
1,197 posts
Herald

Well if you lost 200 points then you had to at least spam once. Also doesn't that flaging system work by somebody flaging a post, then it gets sent to a list and then the Mods delete the ones that are spam? If this is true then how can people just go flag crazy if it goes through the Mods anyways. Well I'm not entirely sure about how flagging works, but I'm just saying.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

Guys, point lose is not always synonymous with spamming. There are times when there are clean ups of the forum and comments. For example, if you have posted in any topic that has been locked it will eventually be deleted. This can lead to a significant lose in points.

nick_coolhaha
nick_coolhaha
1,197 posts
Herald

Oh, I never knew that Asherlee. Thanks for clearing up more of my understanding off flagging. Well I don't think that I have ever lost points, but it's bound to happen because I have posted on topics that got locked.

Hermann0212
Hermann0212
150 posts
Nomad

i lost some points 2 but not a lot... only like 50 but its got me concerned...

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

You guys need to learn not to be so attached to your points!

Comments and forum topics are cleared out periodically, and with those, points will be lost. Some of them will be because they are SPAM, others will be because there has been some forum cleaning. Most times however, this should not add up to a lot of points.

Also, randomly flagged comments are not deleted. The admins review the flagged comments before deleting them. So that would not be an issue.

Koshionos
Koshionos
884 posts
Jester

that may be true but some things that have been deleted were actually very useful... what about that loss of valuable information?

royandgrand
royandgrand
188 posts
Shepherd

the clean up also deletes all flaged comments post's.

Skipper8656568
Skipper8656568
325 posts
Peasant

i was wondering why i droped so i dont rember spamimng

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

royandgrand, it does not delete all flagged comments. Flagged comments go up for review, they are then reviewed and deleted. They do not just delete every single flagged comment, there is a review process involved.

Showing 1-9 of 9