ForumsArt, Music, and WritingNeed help with sheet music.

6 2050
iWazBord
iWazBord
1,912 posts
Nomad

Well, I've recently gotten a Keyboard and I've been playing some songs I've had from my band class and gotten some of my favorite VGM sheet music and played through it. I've had this song that I've always wanted to arrange and I've gotten a few of the notes.

Well my question is: is there any program (free please) that I can use to compose music?

All the sheet music I currently have are in PDF form, so I prefer it would be that kind of form.

Thank you.

• 6 Replies
iWazBord
iWazBord
1,912 posts
Nomad

Sorry for double post, but I didn't know if this is the right place to post this topic ><.

Zootsuit_riot
Zootsuit_riot
1,523 posts
Nomad

Guitar Pro is pretty useful, but I haven't used it in a while.

If you're looking for a free, (but still decent version) I recommend Power Tab.

iWazBord
iWazBord
1,912 posts
Nomad

I recommend Power Tab.

Sorry, but I just skimmed through the power tab description on the site. Does the program use tabs as well as sheet music?
crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

All the sheet music I currently have are in PDF form, so I prefer it would be that kind of form.

If your saying that you want to create PDF's then I believe you will need to get Adobe Acrobat,which you will have to purchase.I am not quite sure how much it would cost on its own,after that I can't really tell you too much except I looked at that site myself and it looked like it was made for making sheet music,which seems to be what your after.I'm not sure what this picture could be about otherwise...

http://www.power-tab.net/images/ptev17_800x600.gif
Zootsuit_riot
Zootsuit_riot
1,523 posts
Nomad

Sorry, but I just skimmed through the power tab description on the site. Does the program use tabs as well as sheet music?

Yup. The sheet music part is on top, and the guitar tab is displayed on bottom. I'm not sure if there's an option for the tab to be removed from the display or not; I haven't tinkered around with it enough yet.
iWazBord
iWazBord
1,912 posts
Nomad

Thank you both of you guys for helping me . I'll check on both of those programs tommarow, and if a mod wants to lock this thread go ahead since I got my answer.

P.S If you stumble across this thread and wanna help me please tell me in my profile.

Showing 1-6 of 6