ForumsWEPRAstrology

12 5295
ubertuna
ubertuna
2,123 posts
Shepherd

Well, I recently was put back in touch with an old friend. He is a little bit of an astrology buff, and he offered to run my birthday through a program that will produce a chart and make print out information based on it. I just got the results back and I was SHOCKED. I don't really believe in mystical hoo-ha about divining people's futures from the stars, but I was quite impressed when a good three quarters of the information in that chart was spot on. It was almost as if I were reading a book that was written about my past, present, and possible future, written by a computer program. Talk about freaky... I was wondering if anybody else here has had their star chart analyzed, and if so, were you impressed by the results? I sure was.

• 12 Replies
ubertuna
ubertuna
2,123 posts
Shepherd

Oops, forgot about the censor. That would be a-n-a-l-y-z-e-d.

joshuadelacruz1
joshuadelacruz1
112 posts
Nomad

i like AStrology ABout Stars But SOmetimes it is scary beacause stars form in different forms like weird things

XCoheedX
XCoheedX
924 posts
Scribe

To be honest, I dont really believe in that. I don't think that stars in a certain allignment mean anything. Those things that it tells you happened to almost everyone. "you've had a heartbreak in your past." I'm sure everyone has had something like that.

chiliad_nodi
chiliad_nodi
638 posts
Peasant

Ya, many people predict very broad things. It's like a fortune cookie. Not too much of the future, and yet a lot about the future. I would like to know what you had predicted for you, ubertuna.

Eshploded
Eshploded
469 posts
Nomad

Ooohh... magic in the air... and in space?

Sounds a bit strange. I doubt some angel is actually embedded in the stars and that sort.

ubertuna
ubertuna
2,123 posts
Shepherd

No, no, it isn't like that. It says things about my personality, job, where I live, and what I am good at academically. If this is a fortune cookie, it must be the porche of fortune cookies. WITH the leather seats and extended warranty.

yoyosforchris
yoyosforchris
14 posts
Nomad

I don't believe in it also XCoheedX!!!!!

Calm
Calm
909 posts
Herald

the essence of astrology is ancient; It has always been a good means of earning money from credulous people.
for my part, I never believed nor will ever believe that a few stars more than billions of kilometers away from me will influence my life.
Even the simple fact of talking about it makes me think it is ridiculous.

In your case ubertuna, I think it might have beeb luck... In France (I don't know if it's the same in the USA) there are daily "horoscopes" given on the TV and the radio and in the newspapers. I read them sometimes, and it struck me to see how broad the predictions are.
BTw, didn't your friend cheat a bit and help the CPU ( ^_^ )?
I don't want to convince you at all costs but when you simply think about it intensely, you realise that it's impossible for it to be real.

ubertuna
ubertuna
2,123 posts
Shepherd

Yeah, I know, I think people here are getting the misconception that I believe in it as well, but I was still amazed at how accurate the predictions were. I had my friend run my wife's birthday as well, and he does not know her. The results that came back were also extremely accurate. T don't believe in the underlying logic that the position of stars when you are born influences your life, but I do believe that there is some amount of truth in the results. The daily horoscopes that you are talking about are based on star signs alone, which cover a wide range of dates. The date fed into the computer is accurate to a minute.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

Tuna, I see what you mean. I've had some predictions like that and it amazes me. Surely, we can come up with an explanation. There are plenty of intelligent people here. Maybe the predictions were kind of generic. You know things that most everyone goes through?

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,678 posts
Jester

All of the predictions for astrology and the such are nothing more than generalized. Make a prediction that can be applied to almost any situation, and there you go! Instant answers for anyone.

ubertuna
ubertuna
2,123 posts
Shepherd

Yes, but some of the things from my a-n-a-l-y-s-i-s:

"you will be musically oriented"
I make music for a living.

"you will live near water"
I live in the pacific northwest, there is always water here

&quotuzzles will intrigue you, you will be good with numbers"
They do, and I am.

now these ones are a little weird,

"later in life you will develop an interest in the metaphysical"
hmm, I'll wait and see...

"your dreams will be extremely vivid"
I get lucid dreams very often.

It's just... freaky. I don't believe in it, but you can't argue with the results, WHICH ARE IN NO WAY GENERIC. Can any of those above quotes, which came directly from my a-n-a-l-y-s-i-s be aplied to every person? I answer with a resounding NO.

Showing 1-12 of 12