ForumsProgramming ForumDeveloping Music Website

13 3636
NavyZach
NavyZach
3 posts
Nomad

Hey everyone.

I'm making a music website on wordpress MU and I need some help with it. I pretty much have the site configured but I need help with setting up music since it will have to be done manually. \\

If you think you might be interested please let me know

You need basic knowledge in HTML... pretty easy stuff

Thanks!

• 13 Replies
crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

hey wait a second I have experience with basic HTML,as of recently and I have dream weaver as an assistant too.I guess I could try and help out in whatever way I can.

NavyZach
NavyZach
3 posts
Nomad

great! what is your email? I wanna try you out but don't want to let the site slip just yet

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

uh sure I will send it to your profiel so it isn't in too much of a public domain.

NavyZach
NavyZach
3 posts
Nomad

sounds good

mentorso123
mentorso123
368 posts
Jester

basic HTML,as of recently and I have dream weaver

How did you pay for dreamweaver?
crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

How did you pay for dreamweaver?

I got Web Premium CS4 with a Student Discount.
anatolytt
anatolytt
64 posts
Peasant

Dreamweaver is nice (probably the best editor of its kind), but it keeps getting worse after version 4. MX was a piece of crap, CS3 was a bit better, but still very unconvenient. Just installed CS4, well it has some improvements.

As for me, i'd rather use good old Dw4, but sadly it doesnt support full CSS styling, so I just have to use CS4

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

I've never used any of the older versions,except for macromedia 8 earlier today,but that was only briefly.I find the program overall to be very useful though while I am learning web development.

anatolytt
anatolytt
64 posts
Peasant

Yeah, it's useful, just find some time to configure it "your way" when u get more familiar with it. The "sites" feature is extremely useful when testing server-side stuff or working with multiple sites (as for me, i have about 30, lol).

If u have any questions about web development, just ask

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

hmm OK,well here is a question.I got XAMPP with the Apache server,but I am not quite sure where to go from here with it.In fact I can't quite seem to figure out how I am supposed to even use it to test out my PHP files properly.Any suggestions on what to do?

anatolytt
anatolytt
64 posts
Peasant

Install it, run it and type "http://127.0.0.1/" in your address bar. If no test page shows up, then u probably done something wrong. Just read the manual.

P.S. Your site files should be put in "htdocs" folder

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

Just read the manual.

really there's a manual for this?Well I should check that out then...
anatolytt
anatolytt
64 posts
Peasant

Yup, here: http://www.apachefriends.org/en/faq-xampp.html

Showing 1-13 of 13