ForumsSupport ForumFlaging the profile

9 3846
royandgrand
royandgrand
188 posts
Shepherd

i think there should be a flag beside "add as friend" / "remove as friend" so we can flag the profile if the name is rude or u saw a rude comment and you cant remember where you saw it or something like that.

• 9 Replies
WizardInBlack
WizardInBlack
486 posts
Nomad

That is a pretty good idea, there are some obscene names that I've seen in comments. But any comments on a user profile can be deleted by the user, in case ya didn't know.

nick_coolhaha
nick_coolhaha
1,197 posts
Herald

What is wrong with people like him. Why are you even on this site. Don't you have other people to bother or better things to do? It just gets so annoying.

nick_coolhaha
nick_coolhaha
1,197 posts
Herald

Hahaha yeah it is pathetic. Also, it is a pretty good idea because just like that guy has given us an example of because there could be profanity or inapporitate words in your name.

WizardInBlack
WizardInBlack
486 posts
Nomad

I bet he's an overweight WoW nerd with a pizza face and 10 cats, who is mad at the world, and this is his only way of expressing his anger xD

Gimgak
Gimgak
294 posts
Nomad

i agree. this would help alot. i haven't seen alot of bad names though

nick_coolhaha
nick_coolhaha
1,197 posts
Herald

It was this one guy that was a huge spammer, but his posts were deleted, so it just seems like we're talking about nothing, but we weren't.

Calm
Calm
909 posts
Herald

Well, even if your conversation seems weird as nick said, I'll try to give an answer to the question raised in the title.
I think that the admins have quite a lot of job to do and these kind of minor changes would be too much for them right now. I think it's not to be excluded in the future, but for now, I suggest that each time you see a rude profile you warn me or another moderator and we'll deal with it as soon as possible.
This is the best solution I can find out.

Tealpug
Tealpug
76 posts
Nomad

This is a bad idea, is all I can say. What happens if a group of friends go around flagging every profile, getting them all banned?

Unless the Moderators check each profile, than they have to check many,many profiles, it would be much of a hassle.

XCoheedX
XCoheedX
924 posts
Scribe

Well the flagging wouldn't automatically ban someone. It would just stand out so mods can see it.

Showing 1-9 of 9