ForumsProgramming ForumA total overview of how to make an turn based rpg

4 4631
dacer
dacer
2,820 posts
Nomad

yea, since i have been looking forward to starting up a bunch of games for the site, i need an overview of what to do, the animation isnt the problem i just need a program thats FREE and easy to use. or a TUT on scripting and basicly everything i need to knwo to get started. preferably a way to make an rpg game like "sonny" and "sinjid" like the skill and stat thing used in MANY rpg games and the damage settings and other stuff, ect.

if you have the time to help please do

DACER THE CREATOR OF... soon to be junk and stuff.

(no junk!!!)

• 4 Replies
dank
dank
986 posts
Peasant

To Do List:
Get $250
Learn Flash
Learn AS3
Get 3 years experience
Make RPG

There, I put your dreams in to reality for you.

Games can't just be thought up and poofed out. It takes a lot of practice to be able to program a game then be able to apply the gameplay from your original design to it. If you want to make free games, start with Java or C++ and start there. Bad side to it is you won't be capable of making your own games after 2+ years of intense study.

dacer
dacer
2,820 posts
Nomad

java and c++ huh? i guess il have to wait till im through highschool

yea thanks for the overview.

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

C++ before Action script 3.Thats a bit new to me,but OK.I guess I am lucky since I am currently learning C++ though anyways,but from what I have heard it is a bit more difficult to learn then some other languages for some reason although I could have gotten it mixed up with some other C based programming language.

dank
dank
986 posts
Peasant

It's better to learn a formal language first before you jump in to something a bit dodgy like AS. I'd recommend Java over C++ though because you don't have the pointers in there.

Showing 1-4 of 4