ForumsGamesGemcraft, The Best TD?

16 6023
boydorn
boydorn
343 posts
Nomad

Ok well there is a topic called Gemcraft- The Best TD but do you really all think it is the best?

i really like the progressive/RPG aspect of the game, and the way you can upgrade your abilities, but i actually prefer playing simple desktop TD sometimes, being creative with tower placements etc... opinions?

• 16 Replies
Mobyduck
Mobyduck
108 posts
Nomad

There isn't a "Best TD Ever". Each person likes playing a style of TD and, as you said, a change of air is allways good. I like the Ravine Td better then Gem Craft. The history line and the graphics make me want to keep playing it until I've reached my best.

boydorn
boydorn
343 posts
Nomad

actually i just remembered, for ages onslaught 2 (found on kongregate) was my FAVE!!

Karsten75
Karsten75
266 posts
Peasant

Yea, I kind of like that game, but it is *boring* - 40o lvls to complete for a badge. And you can set it up so you can literally walk away from it and the game will just continue to play. I just played it till I got all the badges for it.

That's one thing I love about Kongregate - the badges.

dogyh
dogyh
69 posts
Nomad

for me is the best

jaza_m
jaza_m
1,356 posts
Nomad

I like mushroom defender thingy =]

howlett
howlett
2,278 posts
Nomad

I hate Gem Craft so my favourite would have to be Onslaught or Whiteboard Tower Defense!

Karsten75
Karsten75
266 posts
Peasant

In my opinion, Bloons Tower defense ONE! was the best tower defense game,

I didn't like Gemcraft that much.

I used to be a Bloons fan as well, and it took me quite a while before I finally got into Gemcraft. One of the major issues for me was gameplay.in Bloons. When there were lots of bloons on the track, the game slowed and the firing of my towers suffered, causing me to lose. This never happens with Gemcraft.
Crouchbite
Crouchbite
219 posts
Nomad

There are better Tower Defense games but it is really good.

A_Rays
A_Rays
1 posts
Nomad

Gemcraft is the best TD game I've played so far. I find myself wanting to play the damn thing on the go, but find it rather impossible, unless of course they make a version for the iPhone/iPod touch. We should petition that. >.>

DSM
DSM
1,303 posts
Nomad

It the best TD i have played, and i cant wait for chapter 0 and 2

Mirage1
Mirage1
202 posts
Nomad

To tell you the truth, I dont understand what is so great about Gemcraft.

boydorn
boydorn
343 posts
Nomad

i think the great thing about gemcraft is the fact that as time goes on, you can upgrade yourself, not just within a single isolated game, but you as a player, i always feel a bit more fulfilled with a game if there is a sense of progress like that lol... but is till think others are more fun

rooh
rooh
14 posts
Nomad

I love gemcraft but I'm kinda bored with simple flash games my favorite TD at the moment has to be Downtown Defender, it is hugely 3D and has really immersive gameplay, but its still an online casual game.

phatsplox
phatsplox
30 posts
Nomad

I loved gemcraft beat it without hacks but the should make a second

mattt15
mattt15
1,669 posts
Nomad

Bloons tower defense 3 owns! i love all defense games

Showing 1-15 of 16