ForumsArt, Music, and WritingWW2 Propaganda

15 12069
crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

OK,so I was assigned to make a WW2 poster for history class,so I made a quick sketch,but then my teacher said I could take it home to finish.So I took the concept from the sketch and went to PhotoShop with it.I decided after I was done with it that I might as well show it on here,so here it is...

http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd349/crimsonblade55/Propaganda.png

I can't say its too great or anything but....yeah.

• 15 Replies
Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

Oh my...

That is well done, but did you have to butcher Uncle Sam? <.>

knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

It clearly conveys a message. Why did you have to Butcher Uncle Sam? Why? Anyway, I guess your teacher will be shocked at that poster of yours. You should make the poster more detailed and refined.

knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

I think the Nazi monster that is butchering Uncle Sam should be Hitler. Then that would look more realistic. Hitler killing Uncle Sam.

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

here is all the propaganda I need to tell that ww2 was extreme and awesome.

CubanFrog
CubanFrog
480 posts
Nomad

Cool vid.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Nah, Hitler didnt kill sam. Uncle sam killed Hitler! I rather it was the other way...

Pixie214
Pixie214
5,838 posts
Peasant

I like the lihgting swastika and the bloodied hand print. It conveys the message well. very good, better than I managed when my class had to do it (surprisingly).

knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

Oh god,,, That's funny in a sad way.

Yep. I laughed when I saw that poster yet, I shouldn't have been laughing.
thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

I managed when my class had to do it

I want to be in your class SO bad right now.
crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

I think the Nazi monster that is butchering Uncle Sam should be Hitler. Then that would look more realistic. Hitler killing Uncle Sam.

I wanted to do that,but I realized that,that would require too much detail and I don't have a pressure sensitive tablet to draw detailed drawing with,so when I grabbed a brush to start drawing Hitler with I grabbed the wrong one ,but I looked at it and noticed it would go good for a monster which could portray the Nazi's in the same dark light that I was going for.

That is well done, but did you have to butcher Uncle Sam? <.>

well it is supposed to symbolize the monster that is the Nazi's butchering Democracy.So if I didn't use something as recognizable as Uncle Sam then I don't know what I would use.

And i didn't catch the bloody hand print =/

Yeah there is a lot more in there then what I had originally put in the sketch for it.The hand print and the message that says help are from a brush pack for portal that I picked up in case I wanted to use them during the Portal theme in the Art Skills Competition.I tried to use a star brush to portray bullet holes as well if you notice.
knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

I wanted to do that,but I realized that,that would require too much detail and I don't have a pressure sensitive tablet to draw detailed drawing with,so when I grabbed a brush to start drawing Hitler with I grabbed the wrong one ,but I looked at it and noticed it would go good for a monster which could portray the Nazi's in the same dark light that I was going for.

Hmmm... Understood.

well it is supposed to symbolize the monster that is the Nazi's butchering Democracy.So if I didn't use something as recognizable as Uncle Sam then I don't know what I would use.

You're right. We know Uncle Sam represents.
necromancer
necromancer
750 posts
Peasant

You should have given the monster a Hitler 'stache.
crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

You should have given the monster a Hitler 'stache.

I wanted to,but that did not work out either.The thing is that would requite me to also draw a mouth to make it clear that,it is a mustache.When I did try to draw the stache on its own it looked like a furry mouth,so it just didn't work out.Its funny that everything you guys have so far suggested I have already tried.
Fritz_Rublehem
Fritz_Rublehem
1,076 posts
Nomad

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c3/PropagandaNaziStabsBible.gif

http://www.listphile.com/Propaganda_Poster_Collections_Online/Nazi_Posters_1933-1945/image/hj.jpg

http://www.fmft.net/Homo%20erotic%20Nazi%20propaganda%20posters%20World%20War%202.jpg

I hope you will see that Germany also used propaganda in the war

Devious
Devious
84 posts
Nomad

Of course they did.

but most of us can't understand German and the allies won so...yeah

Showing 1-15 of 15