ForumsProgramming ForumHELP ON MAKING A GAME!!!! PLEASE!!!!

5 2618
zalt
zalt
3 posts
Nomad

I want to become a game maker, lol but not on this Zalt account but im having ALOTTTT of trouble. I dont understand action script!!!
I want to make a game like for example, Fancy Pants Adventure but here are the codes I need:
CODE FOR HIM RUNNING
CODE FOR HIM MOVING WHEN HE RUNS
HOW TO MAKE HIM JUMP
HOW TO MAKE HIM STAND ON GROUND
WHAT CODE TO PUT TO MAKE HIM GET HIT BY ENEMYS
CODE FOR ATTACKING BACK (PUNCH OR KICK)

and thats all I can think of...
I know thats a LONGGGG list but if anyone can just help me out with 1 it would be a big help (please help me out with all if you can =P)
!!!!THANK YOU!!!!!!
this would really be a big help.

• 5 Replies
zalt
zalt
3 posts
Nomad

ALSO can you give me the code for enemies and bosses.....
O.O

dank
dank
986 posts
Peasant

Code for awesome platform game:
Learn How to Code it Yourself.

Nobody is going to make a game for you tell the world you made.
Learn AS so you can make your own games.

anatolytt
anatolytt
64 posts
Peasant

Yup, there are tons of information on the net. I've learned to code JS and PHP just by reading official manuals, some docs, examples on the net... And now it helps me earn for living

Being self-reliant is awesome, i assure u

The main principle here is: read it and try it That's the learning process.

Lain
Lain
176 posts
Nomad

If you really want help (as opposed to just asking someone to make your game for you) go to newgrounds.com. There's almost limitless amounts of tutorials to teach you everything you could ever need to know about Action Script and all flash game making.

PixelSmash
PixelSmash
566 posts
Nomad

NG, kirupa, and many, many other sites have tons of information. My best advice (like many give here) is to learn it yourself. Tweek around a bit, see what simple snippets of code do. Build onto that, and keep learning new stuff. If you have some code and it doesn't work for reasons you can't find out, there are so many people who are willing to help you out and give advice.
It's not a miracle solution, since it will take time... but the feeling of knowing you programmed something yourself beats everything!

Showing 1-5 of 5