ForumsPopular MediaWhat book are you reading now?

606 261027
tennisman24
tennisman24
4,682 posts
Farmer

i am reading A Champions Mind by Pete Sampras

it is great u should read it

what are you AGers reading?

• 606 Replies
xfirealchemistx
xfirealchemistx
370 posts
Nomad

Outsiders by s.e.hinton
really good!

I read that for my Adolescent Literature class. It is very good. I enjoyed it thoroughly considering I never had a chance to read it in middle school or heard of it before.
samdawghomie
samdawghomie
3,551 posts
Peasant

Halo: First Strike by Eric Nylund. Really good for a book being based off something.

I first read Halo: Fall of Reach, First Strike takes after that even there is no book on what happened at Halo I don't believe, But that's what the game is for.

goumas13
goumas13
4,752 posts
Grand Duke

The Raven is a poem... It's an amazing read, I'll grant you that.

You have a good point. I should have been more precise. The book I am reading is entitled the "Raven and Other Poems".
goumas13
goumas13
4,752 posts
Grand Duke

You like Poe as well?

I love Poe. He was a genius, he is the father of mystery and psychological-thriller literature.
The Cask of Amontillado and The Facts in the Case of M. Valdemar are my favorites.
buldu
buldu
54 posts
Peasant

Metro 2033. The book is better than the game

alovera1
alovera1
510 posts
Peasant

i have to read the little house books thay are okay but i like how short they are and their big letters making it easy to read.

aggieboy
aggieboy
5 posts
Nomad

Animal Farm by George Orwell is a interesting read.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

I am currently reading Milton's Paradise Lost, pretty interesting compared to the Bible.

Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,062 posts
Jester

Animal Farm is a great book, unfortunately when I read it I was oblivious to the political and human undertones.

I am now reading The Search for Fierra by Stephen R. Lawhead

Rubberlegs623
Rubberlegs623
96 posts
Nomad

I've been rereading Star Wars The Choices of One. i love this sequel to Allegiance.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

Animal Farm is a great book, unfortunately when I read it I was oblivious to the political and human undertones.

I went in and immediately had whatever shred of my childhood left destroyed since I saw it for what it really was on the spot. Orwell you nasty little bugger....
AgathaB
AgathaB
154 posts
Nomad

Do graphic novels count? If so, I'm rereading The Sandman collection.

And trying to read Les Miserables for my French Lit class. Gah. I hate that book. French Lit makes my skin crawl (notable exceptions aside).

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

Do graphic novels count? If so, I'm rereading The Sandman collection.

Yes, why not?

And trying to read Les Miserables for my French Lit class. Gah. I hate that book. French Lit makes my skin crawl (notable exceptions aside).

Gosh, such literature is classic!
AgathaB
AgathaB
154 posts
Nomad

Gosh, such literature is classic!

Eh. I'm a fan of the Russian classics. The French just don't do it for me. Apart from Stendhal, Voltaire and Sartre (and I suppose Zola's Germinal), I really just don't like it.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

Eh. I'm a fan of the Russian classics. The French just don't do it for me. Apart from Stendhal, Voltaire and Sartre (and I suppose Zola's Germinal), I really just don't like it.

I've been tuning in to Russian lit more recently; their short stories are simply the best for me. Penguin doesn't translate enough of those beauties.
Showing 256-270 of 606