ForumsPopular MediaWhat book are you reading now?

606 260740
tennisman24
tennisman24
4,682 posts
Farmer

i am reading A Champions Mind by Pete Sampras

it is great u should read it

what are you AGers reading?

• 606 Replies
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Just finished Fool Moon. I will now proceed to be post-book irritated and snappy.
Curse you, books, and how lonely I feel when I am done!!

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

Oh you won't be lonely when you work in a library next time Cen? Thousands of them to keep you company, not to mention the e-sources.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

DP: Also why I quit too much fiction reading. You feel like you're friends with the characters, and BAM it all ends. Akin to a breakup if we take it to extremes.

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Oh you won't be lonely when you work in a library next time Cen? Thousands of them to keep you company, not to mention the e-sources.

Except this is probably the first fiction I have been reading in half a year. It's amusing how little you get to read, when you are at school... And of course I left the next book at home, so I either have to continue the lost symbol, or go about being annoyed for a while.

DP: Also why I quit too much fiction reading. You feel like you're friends with the characters, and BAM it all ends. Akin to a breakup if we take it to extremes.

I just miss the adventure. Being sucked into the story and stay there. I guess it could be considered becoming friends with the characters, or at least developing some kind of kinship, but right now I just... don't want to be here, in reality, where is is cold and raining.
I would rather be in Chicago where it is cold and raining and werewolves are killing people...
Mental health? What mental health?
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

Or rather, how little you read which agrees with you. I hate reading thick sets of notes at a go and then revising it three times for three tests in the year.

I guess there are e-versions of the book if you really are desperate, but I hate reading online since it feels all artificial to me, and anyway, I'd rather break my sanity than the draconian internet laws here. If I knew my librarians were all so nutty, I wouldn't have stepped within a ten mile radius of that place.

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

I have never been much of a reader of facts. Or, well, that isn't true. Rather, when I got the taste of fiction, it tasted so much better than the facts. Even more so, when that is all I can read... Scientific research, theories...
When all I want to do is practice my escapism.

But I might get the chance to get some of this back during the intern ship. Might have school on the side, but I should have more time for... me-time.

As for e-books... Not my fiction. I am a traditionalist when it comes to fiction, it should stay book based.

Schmiddy1234
Schmiddy1234
1,075 posts
Nomad

i am currently read killing lincoln by bill o reilly. it is an awesome book!!!

Zeus01
Zeus01
37 posts
Nomad

I am reading CITY OF ASHES (First book City Of Bones) it is really good

FireDragonWarrior
FireDragonWarrior
22 posts
Nomad

Magic or Madness by Justine Larbalestier

impulse255dj
impulse255dj
48 posts
Farmer

Just finished reading "Night Watch" by Terry Pratchet. Not sure what to read next though.

Santi_
Santi_
1,900 posts
Nomad

Inheritence, from the Eragon series.

mattduggan13
mattduggan13
1,795 posts
Nomad

just finished reading monsters of men in the chaos walking series. im now reading "the isle of blood" in the monstrumologist series

mattduggan13
mattduggan13
1,795 posts
Nomad

well cirque de freak books are good if u like horror

well what kind do u like?

cirque du freak's amazing. so is demonata
soccerdude2
soccerdude2
1,673 posts
Shepherd

A whole new mind, lol im such a child progidy

soccerdude2
soccerdude2
1,673 posts
Shepherd

I tried reading those in first grade (I know recipe for disaster) until I got bored halfway through the first and understood about 1/3 of it. Then I tried again in 5th or 6th grade and I got to the Return of the King, which then I got bored of them again and I stopped, since then I forgot about them for a long time. I think I might read it now thanks to you.

Showing 316-330 of 606