Forums

ForumsPopular Media

What book are you reading now?

Posted Nov 8, '11 at 7:01am

nichodemus

nichodemus

13,239 posts

Knight

Do graphic novels count? If so, I'm rereading The Sandman collection.

Yes, why not?

And trying to read Les Miserables for my French Lit class. Gah. I hate that book. French Lit makes my skin crawl (notable exceptions aside).

Gosh, such literature is classic!

Posted Nov 8, '11 at 7:20am

AgathaB

AgathaB

154 posts

Gosh, such literature is classic!

Eh. I'm a fan of the Russian classics. The French just don't do it for me. Apart from Stendhal, Voltaire and Sartre (and I suppose Zola's Germinal), I really just don't like it.

Posted Nov 8, '11 at 7:22am

nichodemus

nichodemus

13,239 posts

Knight

Eh. I'm a fan of the Russian classics. The French just don't do it for me. Apart from Stendhal, Voltaire and Sartre (and I suppose Zola's Germinal), I really just don't like it.

I've been tuning in to Russian lit more recently; their short stories are simply the best for me. Penguin doesn't translate enough of those beauties.

Posted Nov 8, '11 at 12:45pm

AgathaB

AgathaB

154 posts

I've been tuning in to Russian lit more recently; their short stories are simply the best for me. Penguin doesn't translate enough of those beauties.

Have you read Bulgakov's The Master and Margarita? It's one of my favourites.

Posted Nov 8, '11 at 11:06pm

TheInnerScience

TheInnerScience

45 posts

i just finished a Joe Hill novel, and started on Turn Coat by Jim Butcher.

Posted Nov 9, '11 at 2:21am

nichodemus

nichodemus

13,239 posts

Knight

Have you read Bulgakov's The Master and Margarita? It's one of my favourites.

Ah I haven't yet. I would search for a bootleg internet copy but....:X

Posted Nov 9, '11 at 5:55am

AgathaB

AgathaB

154 posts

Ah I haven't yet. I would search for a bootleg internet copy but....:X

There exist these buildings called libraries. You go inside, pay a small fee and you're free to borrow any book you want. Ingenious, isn't it? :P

j/k But you should definitely read it. It's awesome.

Also, I'm done with Sandman and am now reading Martin's A Dance with Dragons in my spare time.

Posted Nov 9, '11 at 5:56am

nichodemus

nichodemus

13,239 posts

Knight

There exist these buildings called libraries. You go inside, pay a small fee and you're free to borrow any book you want. Ingenious, isn't it? :P

The libraries I go to don't actually stock such books I think :P And by golly, you have to pay over there?

Posted Nov 9, '11 at 6:16am

AgathaB

AgathaB

154 posts

And by golly, you have to pay over there?

A yearly fee grants you access to most of the libraries in the city. Notable exceptions include the British Council Library and the National Student Library.

Posted Nov 9, '11 at 8:08am

nichodemus

nichodemus

13,239 posts

Knight

A yearly fee grants you access to most of the libraries in the city. Notable exceptions include the British Council Library and the National Student Library.

Ah. We just tap our citizen cards and waltz in....

Reply to What book are you reading now?

You must be logged in to post a reply!