ForumsPopular MediaWhat book are you reading now?

606 260747
tennisman24
tennisman24
4,682 posts
Farmer

i am reading A Champions Mind by Pete Sampras

it is great u should read it

what are you AGers reading?

• 606 Replies
Dead_romantique
Dead_romantique
2 posts
Duke

I'm usually reading several books at the same time. So...
1. Jane Jacobs "The Death and Life of Great American Cities"
2. Ayn Rand "Atlas Shrugged"
3. David Sheff "Game Over: How Nintendo Zapped an American Industry, Captured Your Dollars, and Enslaved Your Children"

09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

I'm reading Codex Born, the second book in the Magic ex Libris series by Jim C Hines, about the exploits of sorcerers who can take objects from books.

"Game Over: How Nintendo Zapped an American Industry, Captured Your Dollars, and Enslaved Your Children"

Or, if written by a normal person: "How Nintendo fixed an industry crashed by complacent Americans, happily took the money you threw at it, and created the great cultural icons of the 20th century"
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

I'm reading Deeper, the 2nd book in the Tunnels series. Dang it's a huge book, over 600 pages and there's still like 4 more books in the series. Imagine how big the others must be.

Actually I just googled the other books. Deeper is the longest one it seems.

Dead_romantique
Dead_romantique
2 posts
Duke

Or, if written by a normal person: "How Nintendo fixed an industry crashed by complacent Americans, happily took the money you threw at it, and created the great cultural icons of the 20th century"

In Russian this book is called "Game Over: How Nintendo conquered the world". Also in this edition there is an exclusive introduction by Alexey Pajitnov.
09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

I'm reading Deeper, the 2nd book in the Tunnels series. Dang it's a huge book, over 600 pages and there's still like 4 more books in the series. Imagine how big the others must be.

@R2D21999 Ooh, good choice. I must get around to reading the fourth one. "You are my sunshine, my only sunshine...."

I would recommend you (regardless of who "you" are) read the rather excellent Gone series by Michael Grant. It's like Lord of the Flies meets Stephen King .
redwolfgirl
redwolfgirl
1 posts
Herald

just finished reading the divergent series was happy with it. I would read it again. Will not watch the movies because my head cannon most of the characters are like chicago a mix of races and people and I can see from the movie trailers they went with the they are all white thing.

partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

"The perks of being a wallflower"

love the way it is written. =) (so much better then the movie )

Omegap12
Omegap12
1,980 posts
Shepherd

Right now im reading Ready Player One By Ernest Cline.
Its based in the future about a VRMMO that becomes a second life to everyone. The main creator of the VRMMO, the OASIS, James Halliday dies and leaves a guest to win all of his money. Its really good with a lot of pop culture references. Recommend to EVERYONE!

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

Wolves of the Calla -Stephen King
The deeper I go into this series, the more I love it. You have all these things that seemingly aren't related, and suddenly there's significance to it. As well as that, Roland's ka-tet literally walks out of his world (because things are disintegrating, something's wrong with the Dark Tower) and into the world of The Stand, (and then out of it because there's huge holes) and a certain wizard makes a reappearance from Eye of the Dragon, and if I'm not mistaken I swear I clearly saw It hiding in there somewhere. Then there's something about the wizard of oz and you should all read this series because it's freaking amazing ok bye

Snag618
Snag618
6,704 posts
Blacksmith

I'm going to be reading Cold Comfort Farm, by Stella Gibbons. I've heard enough about it, that I wanted to try reading it, and see if it was any good. I'm also reading Murder on the Links, by Agatha Christie. It's a good short story, so far. I'm also reading a collection of H.P. Lovecraft stories. They are all pretty good.

09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

I'm reading An Utterly Exasperated History of Modern Britain or 60 years of making the same stupid mistakes as always by John O'Farrell, the sequel to An Utterly Impartial History of Britain or 2000 years of upper-class idiots in charge.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Finished Deeper, a good read and great twist in the end.

Book I'm reading now is the last one to the Alex Rider series which is called Scorpia Rising. Should be good.

09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

@R2D21999 Once you've finished that (Absolutely great book, by the way.), there's a Yassen Gregorovich prequel, Russian Roulette. Have you ever read any Charlie Higson books? I think you'd like them.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

there's a Yassen Gregorovich prequel, Russian Roulette.

I'm planning on reading after this one, either that, Free Fall, or the Fall of Five... that is if the person that has it will return it.

Have you ever read any Charlie Higson books?

*googles* Are you talking about the Enemy series? Or the Young Bond series? I haven't read either.
09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

*googles* Are you talking about the Enemy series? Or the Young Bond series? I haven't read either.

Both are good, but The Enemy is probably better. Children Vs Zombie apocalypse scenario. I think I already mentioned Michael Grant's Gone series to you before, which are also excellent.
Showing 421-435 of 606