ForumsPopular MediaWhat book are you reading now?

606 260737
tennisman24
tennisman24
4,682 posts
Farmer

i am reading A Champions Mind by Pete Sampras

it is great u should read it

what are you AGers reading?

• 606 Replies
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Children Vs Zombie apocalypse scenario.

Kinda sounds like the Gate Keepers series. Hopefully it'll be just as good if not better.
StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

Both are good, but The Enemy is probably better.

I haven't read his Young Bond series, but the Enemy is definitely a worthwhile read. That entire series kept me occupied for days, which is a relatively long time for me. I suggest reading it in this order: The Dead, the Enemy, the Fear, and The Sacrifice. The first two are interchangeable, but The Dead came out first. If you don't like it I'll hit you in the face, R2 ^u^
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

Just finished reading The Book Theif by Markus Zusak (I think that's his name)

It was a great book, really fun to read.

~~~Darth Caedus

Bender124
Bender124
481 posts
Peasant

I'm reading A Song of Ice and Fire Game of Thrones By George R. R. Martin.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

I'm now reading The Fall of Five, which is the last book in the Lorien Legacies series. The series is incredibly good and I'm really excited to read the last book.

My teacher also assigned us a book to read called Of Mice and Men. It's only about 100 pages so I can finish it on the fly.

09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

I studied Of Mice and Men for GCSE english. It's quite a good book, and reasonably simple to read and understand, which is useful as the subject is quite heavy.

ellock
ellock
385 posts
Blacksmith

I am reading the Crucible (technically a play... but whatever) for school, so yeah...
I am reading Crime and Punishment for fun though. I also want to read Dracula and GoT though... but Dracula takes priority because I want to read it before I go see the movie (even if the movie is nothing like the book... I want to complain about the differences....). There are too many books I want to read...

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

I'm now reading The Fall of Five, which is the last book in the Lorien Legacies series. The series is incredibly good and I'm really excited to read the last book.

R2 you'd better not spoil that book for me

I'm still reading Wolves of the Calla, but I'm almost finished with it, so Song of Susannah's probably next. And then after that, The Dark Tower. And then I'll probably reread the Chronicles of the Imaginarium Geographica.
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,250 posts
Regent

I am currently reading Moby ****, or The Whale by Herman Melville. I frequently have to look up a certain word or term, but it has been surprisingly pleasant to read so far.

Edit: This censor program is so uncultivated...

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

I tried reading Moby ****, I hated it.

I read an abridged version previously which wasn't bad, but I despised the non-abridged-good-parts-version

~~~Darth Caedus

xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

@Jacen96

I read abridged versions of every classic you can think of in elementary... They help a ton and for book reports you can't even tell the difference. Afterwards as I got older I read the unabridged versions and I totally get what you're saying xD

Omegap12
Omegap12
1,980 posts
Shepherd

Im re-reading The Old Man And The Sea by: Ernest Hemingway, because... why not?

The first time i read it, i was in 5th grade, and didnt understand it at all. This time is much better.

twillight2
twillight2
413 posts
Chancellor

Tad Williams: Otherworld

Justin Cronin: The city of mirrors

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

I'm reading Hedda Gabler for school. Or at least, I should be, but I'm bored...

partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

in a strange conversation with god.
( an agnostics book i guess.. it doesn't take a side on the matter, "god" )

Showing 436-450 of 606