ForumsPopular MediaWhat book are you reading now?

606 261637
tennisman24
tennisman24
4,682 posts
Farmer

i am reading A Champions Mind by Pete Sampras

it is great u should read it

what are you AGers reading?

• 606 Replies
09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

I just finished the fantastic A Firing Offense by George P Pelecanos.

stefeyboy
stefeyboy
19 posts
Nomad

Right now i am reading The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Now I'm reading Plague by that same dude who's books I'm still reading.

Also we're reading about mythology in English honors. Yay.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Started reading Dracula by Bram Stoker. Trying to catch up on some (English) classics.

09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

I read the rest of Book 1 of Saga. This is a brilliant comic. The way it builds your sympathy for each of the conflicting sides, even when they do things which are ethically questionable is especially admirable. I want Alana and Marko to escape and lead full lives, but I also want Prince Robot IV to complete his mission so he is able to make it home to his wife, but I also want The Will to earn the bounty which will allow him to retire from his job contract killing. Gripping, visceral, funny, and beautifully drawn, this is a must read for comic fans.

Started reading Dracula by Bram Stoker. Trying to catch up on some (English) classics.

I love that book.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Reading Fear the last(I think) book in the Gone series.

And I can finally be done with that series.

09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

@R2D21999 There's one more; Light.

philimaster
philimaster
491 posts
Peasant

Bad science by Ben Goldacre
It's about clinical trials and homeopathy and placebos and other interesting things.

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

Τhe patience of the Sniper (El francotirador paciente) by Arturo Perez Reverte.

It is about a graffiti painter who signs his works with the name "Sniper" and an art historian trying to track him down for a job proposition. Seems pretty interesting

SportShark
SportShark
2,980 posts
Scribe

I'm currently reading (I have been for a while now) the revised edition SAS wilderness survival guide by John Wiseman. It's very informative and encyclopedic, but it doesn't seem to put the priorities of survival in the right order and it gives too much attention to overly complicated contraptions and gizmos that are incredibly impractical in a real life or death survival situation. This book needs much more information about the bare basics of finding/gathering water, shelter, then food. This book tends to compartmentalize everything in a way so that everything is dangerously unrelated. An average person would have almost no clue how to put everything together in this book and actually be able to apply it to a real life situation. For example, if I was ever stranded on a tropical island for some reason, locating water and finding a way to sterilize it would be one of my top priorities, not, say, building a sailboat out of bamboo.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

I'm almost done reading Light which is for sure, the last book in the Gone series.

Also we were assigned to read The Book Thief. Its actually not too bad of a read.

etg2002
etg2002
703 posts
Scribe

i just finished reading the Thrawn Trilogy by Timothy Zahn... for the 327th time.

i am not kidding, i am still counting.

Esquilache
Esquilache
45 posts
Nomad

Mine was "Sapiens: A Brief History of Humankind". I liked it.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

So I've read some books. I finished The Road which is a pretty good book. I'd say its like Walking Dead but without the zombies.

Currently, I'm reading The Fate of Ten. Which is the fifth(?) book in one of my favorite series, Lorien Legacies.

Zeefzeef
Zeefzeef
10 posts
Farmer

I just finished The Name Of The Wind which was lovely. Right now I'm not sure what to read next... think I'll continue rereading Joe Abercrombie's books.

I'm heartbroken about the discovery that Robin Hobbs Fool's Quest will only arrive in paperback in July. That's literally a year after the book came out. Biggest cliffhanger as well

Showing 556-570 of 606