Forums

ForumsPopular Media

What book are you reading now?

Posted Jan 20, '14 at 1:51am

sourwhatup2

sourwhatup2

3,255 posts

Yeah... I can't stop.. I'm already half way through. A lot considering I only get to read on free time.

Posted Jan 20, '14 at 2:00am

MrStealth

MrStealth

137 posts

Right now im reading Flags of our Fathers

Posted Jan 31, '14 at 3:57pm

mikacinikac

mikacinikac

379 posts

I'm reading now Harry Potter...

Posted Jan 31, '14 at 4:30pm

Charlie506

Charlie506

1,110 posts

The Lost Hero.

Posted Jan 31, '14 at 11:17pm

Pieguyme

Pieguyme

563 posts

Bluegrass Bluesman Good book. Learning a lot from it.

Posted Aug 16, '14 at 9:06am

Dead_romantique

Dead_romantique

2 posts

I'm usually reading several books at the same time. So...
1. Jane Jacobs "The Death and Life of Great American Cities"
2. Ayn Rand "Atlas Shrugged"
3. David Sheff "Game Over: How Nintendo Zapped an American Industry, Captured Your Dollars, and Enslaved Your Children"

Posted Aug 16, '14 at 12:37pm

09philj

09philj

1,229 posts

I'm reading Codex Born, the second book in the Magic ex Libris series by Jim C Hines, about the exploits of sorcerers who can take objects from books.

"Game Over: How Nintendo Zapped an American Industry, Captured Your Dollars, and Enslaved Your Children"

Or, if written by a normal person: "How Nintendo fixed an industry crashed by complacent Americans, happily took the money you threw at it, and created the great cultural icons of the 20th century"

Posted Aug 16, '14 at 11:50pm

R2D21999

R2D21999

8,571 posts

I'm reading Deeper, the 2nd book in the Tunnels series. Dang it's a huge book, over 600 pages and there's still like 4 more books in the series. Imagine how big the others must be.

Actually I just googled the other books. Deeper is the longest one it seems.

last edited Aug 16 2014 11:55 pm by R2D21999

Posted Aug 17, '14 at 2:08am

Dead_romantique

Dead_romantique

2 posts

Or, if written by a normal person: "How Nintendo fixed an industry crashed by complacent Americans, happily took the money you threw at it, and created the great cultural icons of the 20th century"

In Russian this book is called "Game Over: How Nintendo conquered the world". Also in this edition there is an exclusive introduction by Alexey Pajitnov.

Posted Aug 17, '14 at 6:40am

09philj

09philj

1,229 posts

I'm reading Deeper, the 2nd book in the Tunnels series. Dang it's a huge book, over 600 pages and there's still like 4 more books in the series. Imagine how big the others must be.

@R2D21999 Ooh, good choice. I must get around to reading the fourth one. "You are my sunshine, my only sunshine...."

I would recommend you (regardless of who "you" are) read the rather excellent Gone series by Michael Grant. It's like Lord of the Flies meets Stephen King .

Reply to What book are you reading now?

You must be logged in to post a reply!