ForumsPopular MediaWhat book are you reading now?

602 83726
tennisman24
tennisman24
4,694 posts
Blacksmith

i am reading A Champions Mind by Pete Sampras

it is great u should read it

what are you AGers reading?

• 602 Replies
daleks
daleks
3,787 posts
Lord

I am reading The Son of Neptune. I really like the series and it is still really good. Also my love for mythology helps me enjoy it.

aliixnott
aliixnott
2 posts
Peasant

Candy by Kevin Brooks .. is very interesting (:

jaza_m
jaza_m
1,359 posts
Peasant

Re-reading Rangers apprentice because I really enjoyed it when I was younger, and its good to read while waiting for Shadows Edge to come in the mail.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,601 posts
Regent

Plutarch's Fall of the Roman Republic and Hitchen's God is Not Great, with bedtime reading being A History of the Supernatural by Colin Wilson. All are great books, and it's nice to sample different topics at the same time.

Cenere
Cenere
13,734 posts
Scribe

Just finished Fool Moon. I will now proceed to be post-book irritated and snappy.
Curse you, books, and how lonely I feel when I am done!!

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,601 posts
Regent

Oh you won't be lonely when you work in a library next time Cen? Thousands of them to keep you company, not to mention the e-sources.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,601 posts
Regent

DP: Also why I quit too much fiction reading. You feel like you're friends with the characters, and BAM it all ends. Akin to a breakup if we take it to extremes.

Cenere
Cenere
13,734 posts
Scribe

Oh you won't be lonely when you work in a library next time Cen? Thousands of them to keep you company, not to mention the e-sources.

Except this is probably the first fiction I have been reading in half a year. It's amusing how little you get to read, when you are at school... And of course I left the next book at home, so I either have to continue the lost symbol, or go about being annoyed for a while.

DP: Also why I quit too much fiction reading. You feel like you're friends with the characters, and BAM it all ends. Akin to a breakup if we take it to extremes.

I just miss the adventure. Being sucked into the story and stay there. I guess it could be considered becoming friends with the characters, or at least developing some kind of kinship, but right now I just... don't want to be here, in reality, where is is cold and raining.
I would rather be in Chicago where it is cold and raining and werewolves are killing people...
Mental health? What mental health?
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,601 posts
Regent

Or rather, how little you read which agrees with you. I hate reading thick sets of notes at a go and then revising it three times for three tests in the year.

I guess there are e-versions of the book if you really are desperate, but I hate reading online since it feels all artificial to me, and anyway, I'd rather break my sanity than the draconian internet laws here. If I knew my librarians were all so nutty, I wouldn't have stepped within a ten mile radius of that place.

Cenere
Cenere
13,734 posts
Scribe

I have never been much of a reader of facts. Or, well, that isn't true. Rather, when I got the taste of fiction, it tasted so much better than the facts. Even more so, when that is all I can read... Scientific research, theories...
When all I want to do is practice my escapism.

But I might get the chance to get some of this back during the intern ship. Might have school on the side, but I should have more time for... me-time.

As for e-books... Not my fiction. I am a traditionalist when it comes to fiction, it should stay book based.

Dstar98
Dstar98
242 posts
Shepherd

Don't know the English translation of the title of the book, but it was written in the style of LOTR, but easier.

Schmiddy1234
Schmiddy1234
1,082 posts
Peasant

i am currently read killing lincoln by bill o reilly. it is an awesome book!!!

Zeus01
Zeus01
37 posts
Peasant

I am reading CITY OF ASHES (First book City Of Bones) it is really good

FireDragonWarrior
FireDragonWarrior
23 posts
Peasant

Magic or Madness by Justine Larbalestier

impulse255dj
impulse255dj
48 posts
Farmer

Just finished reading "Night Watch" by Terry Pratchet. Not sure what to read next though.

Showing 316-330 of 602