ForumsPopular MediaWhat book are you reading now?

603 83060
tennisman24
tennisman24
4,712 posts

i am reading A Champions Mind by Pete Sampras

it is great u should read it

what are you AGers reading?

• 603 Replies
SSTG
SSTG
12,642 posts

Went back to read Bram Stoker's Dracula again. Not my favorite book ever, but it's interesting nonetheless.

I read it a couple months ago. The movies are different.
In the book, Dracula doesn't see Mina as his long lost wife (no resemblance there). They added that idea for the movies.
There's also the part when people see some dog jumping off the ship at the port, before finding all the crew dead. There were a few other details I can't recall for now since I've read 4 other books since then.
UnleashedUponMankind
UnleashedUponMankind
11,433 posts

The Book of Kane.

theawesomnator
theawesomnator
56 posts

I'm reading "The Mark of Athena", part of the Heroes of Olympus series. I already read the last two books and I'm still reading Throne of Fire, which is part of the Kane Chronicles.

adrenaline6
adrenaline6
59 posts

I am reading Waiting for Godot.

boppins
boppins
710 posts

"The Moon is a Harsh Mistress"
almost done. good book, would recommend. kinda heavy on the political side of things. covers some taboo topics (polygamy, anarchy) which Heinlein is a master of.

Ferret
Ferret
9,290 posts

"The Way of Kings (The Stormlight Archive)"
Excellent book, also this following up "14", which is another great title.

waluigi
waluigi
1,950 posts

Currently, I'm working on "Empire of the Sun". It's very good so far. Makes you realize that Europe wasn't the only country suffering during World War II and that kids weren't spared from the effects of the war.

bloonkiller
bloonkiller
160 posts

I've been planning on reading through "The Crippled God" by Steven Erikkson for well over a year but I just can't pick it up knowing that I'd need to invest days of reading to finish it even though it would conclude what is probably my favorite series. I've also built up a backlog of several other novels.

soccerdude2
soccerdude2
1,684 posts

I'm about done with "A Beautiful Mind". It makes me want to major in mathematics come college!

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,229 posts

I finished Dracula in between the time I last posted here. I read when I'm traveling, so I suppose I travel a lot.

Now I have to read Voltaire's Candide for World Lit 101.

daleks
daleks
3,790 posts

Sorry, I am not reading On the Edge. I am reading As You Do. Both are by Richard Hammond, that is why I got them confused.

ironblade41
ironblade41
518 posts

I'm reading a bunch of books in verse to say that I've read every genre this year.

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,113 posts

Just finished The Hunger Games (took me a night and a day), working a Catching Fire, but I'm not spending as much time reading so it will take longer, after I finish I will read Mockingjay.

~~~Darth Caedus

xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,795 posts

I just finished reading the book Insurgent. OMG SO GOOD!

Haha now I'm reading Killing Kennedy by Bill O' Reilly ;D

Maverick4
Maverick4
6,815 posts

Now I have to read Voltaire's Candide for World Lit 101.

It's worth a chuckle; I read it a few months back.

Working on The Road by Carthy McCormac, The Republic by Plato, and the collected works of Edgar Allen Poe.
Showing 361-375 of 603