ForumsPopular MediaWhat book are you reading now?

603 82582
tennisman24
tennisman24
4,712 posts

i am reading A Champions Mind by Pete Sampras

it is great u should read it

what are you AGers reading?

• 603 Replies
A_User_Of_This_
A_User_Of_This_
12 posts

Under the baseball moon

UnleashedUponMankind
UnleashedUponMankind
11,277 posts

Old... but still great:

Karl Edward Wagner - Conan: The Road of Kings

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,327 posts

Alone in Berlin - Hans Fallada.

goumas13
goumas13
4,779 posts

International Economics by Krugman and Obstfeld. Definetely not one of my favorite books.

MacII
MacII
1,348 posts

Hmmm... what books are you not reading now, is usually the better question with me.

Let's see, currently lying around in various stacks, among them Amin Maalouf, The Crusades Through Arab Eyes; Joel Levy, The Secret Societies Bible; Gustav Schwab, Die schönsten sagen des klassischen Altertums; Paul Cudenec, The Anarchist Revelation; Beatriz Graf, Longo maï -- Revolte und Utopie nach '68; the I Ching, sure.

And then some

SportShark
SportShark
2,869 posts

- I'm currently reading The Battle For North America by Francis Parkman.
- It is really long, but very interesting and challenging.

The Battle For North America is chronology for The French & Indian wars that began in the late 1500's and ended in the mid 1700's. It accurately and colorfully records everything from the enterprises of La Salle to the honorable James Wolfe's epic battle on The Plains of Abraham.
Captivating and Shocking accounts of the brutal Five Nations Indians will have you speechless while the description of the contemporary battle strategies will interest the military enthusiasts.
Over a 200 year period and from Acadia to Texas, British, French, and Native American alike fought for their cause with great courage, misery, glory, treachery, diplomacy, and consequence know as The Battle For North America.

MacII
MacII
1,348 posts

I take it that's the cover blurb?

the brutal Five Nations Indians

Hmm, don't believe everything you're told, now.

from Acadia to Texas, British, French, and Native American alike fought for their cause with great courage, misery, glory, treachery, diplomacy, and consequence

etc. "Know[n] as The Battle For North America," one wonders is it known as such by e.g. those natives?
MacII
MacII
1,348 posts

nb

what books are you not reading now, is usually the better question with me.

I see now that came across as an ambiguous statement: what I meant was not to boast that there's hardly anything left unread by me; but rather that I tend to collect piles of books that end up lying around in various states of unreadness
EvilSantos
EvilSantos
15 posts

The Murders in the Rue Morgue. You definitely must give it a try.

IceClaw247
IceClaw247
860 posts

Misery by Stephen King, his epic thriller series are superb books. He is a great writer but sometimes I find it takes too long for anything major to happen so I'm a slow reader ;~;

Blackbeltr0
Blackbeltr0
792 posts

Champion by Marie Lu.
3rd book in the series.

Good Series the type of dystopian literature I like.

~~Black~~

Pieguyme
Pieguyme
1,018 posts

The Last Escape: The Untold Story of Allied Prisoners of War in Europe 1944-1945 For a project.

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,255 posts

The Shadow Dragons, James A. Owen

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/f0/The_Shadow_Dragons,_James_A._Owen_-_cover.jpg

Any series with Tolkien, Charles Williams, and C. S. Lewis as the main characters is obviously good.

sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,695 posts

It's been a while since I've read any books.. But I really should pick up on some. I love Sci-Fi, adventure and psychological suspense/thriller.. Though I could pretty much read anything.

Anyone have any suggestions on what would be a great read considering my genres?

SSTG
SSTG
12,615 posts

I'm planning on reading The Game Maker's Apprentice by Jacob Habgood and Mark Overmars.
I bought it and it's staring at me, wondering when I'm going to finally open it!

Why can't I decide to do it?
I have a game in mind (it's an Uncharted Waters sequel), the characters are developed, the battle mode is on paper, the story is almost complete, I read about 40 books on the subject and things revolving around it but I'm scared to start! Why?!? :O

Showing 391-405 of 603