ForumsPopular MediaWhat book are you reading now?

606 261553
tennisman24
tennisman24
4,682 posts
Farmer

i am reading A Champions Mind by Pete Sampras

it is great u should read it

what are you AGers reading?

• 606 Replies
StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

I'm reading Needful Things while waiting for Song of Susannah from the library.
Though I should be reading One Day in the Life for school, reading about the life of some Russian guy doesn't appeal to me all that much.

Moegreche
Moegreche
3,829 posts
Duke

Peter Singer's 1979 book, Practical Ethics. This is probably the 7th time I've read it and I'm still picking up on new things. Part of the reason why philosophy is so much fun!

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Reading FreeFall book 3 of the Tunnels series.

Also my English teacher is now requiring me to read Ender's Game. Even though I lost Of Mice and Men.

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

Tunnels series.

yes those are good, I'm waiting for the one after Spiral.

I finally finished Needful Things and I've moved onto Desperation.
The only similarities I can find between the two is that there's a person who isn't quite a person, but that's about where it ends.
The other day some guy criticized me for always reading Stephen King. I happen to like to read well-written horror. If I brought Lovecraft to school, I'd probably be criticized even more.
apldeap123
apldeap123
1,708 posts
Farmer

In English class, I was assigned to read To Kill a Mockingbird. I must say, I was surprised to find out that it's actually a good book!

Aleph_naught
Aleph_naught
6 posts
Nomad

http://streetfightingmath.com/images/sfm-cover-50.jpg

Basically just a group of quick and easy problem solving tools for engineers and people who (like me) have to be able to come up with a reasonable number on the fly.
Here's a few open source chapters from MIT, if anyone's interested.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

The cereal box! xD xD xD
I always wanted to say that!

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

@apldeap123 The Great Gatsby is, and always shall be, the best book I was ever assigned for English class.

~~~Darth Caedus

tangentHyperplane
tangentHyperplane
90 posts
Nomad

Basically just a group of quick and easy problem solving tools for engineers and people who (like me) have to be able to come up with a reasonable number on the fly.

Need this in my life. Thank you.

I'm reading Old Path White Clouds and the Lotus Sutra. I'm not sure if I'm still reading Atmospheric Disturbances or not. I am mildly interested in seeing where the story goes but the writing style gets in the way. I understand and appreciate where the style is coming from, so maybe it would be more fair to say that I don't like the main character/narrator.

On the other hand, I'm enjoying Old Path White Clouds. It's like a massage for my brain.
09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

A Walk in the Woods by Bill Bryson, an account of his hike on the Appalachian Trail. It's utterly hilarious.

In English class, I was assigned to read To Kill a Mockingbird. I must say, I was surprised to find out that it's actually a good book!

I hate that book so much. It's not nearly gritty enough, and it's so slow.
Ragenic
Ragenic
8 posts
Nomad

Only paper books, only hardcore))
I have a 50-books collection of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. storys)) Very interesting post-apocalypse thing, especially for fans of this subject)) Unfortunately, almost of them (if not all..) are not translated on English..=(
But it's good reason to learn Russian)) ^_^

Omegap12
Omegap12
1,980 posts
Shepherd

The Blood Of Olympus by Rick Riordan

I got 2 days ago, and im halfway through. I waited a whole year for it, and im getting through so quick. But seriously, epic end to an epic series.

09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

I'm rereading the Midwhich Cuckoos by John Wyndham. The peemise is that one day in a small country village in 1950s England, everyone falls unconcious for a short while, and all of the women are found to be pregnant soon after. A thoroughly creepy book.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

The Blood Of Olympus by Rick Riordan

Don't you spoil any of that book, 09. I've been waiting so long for the end and really loved the others.
Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

Ready Player One was awesome, highly recommend.

Showing 466-480 of 606