ForumsProgramming Forumhow do u add a chat room to a new webstie?

5 2988
bigdaddyg
bigdaddyg
372 posts
Nomad

i just made myself a new website at ucoz.com and i was wondering how to add a chat room to the website. any help at all would be awesome. plus im not really good with technology so if u have any suggestion please put it in non technological language. i hope that last bit made sense. thank u.

• 5 Replies
dank
dank
986 posts
Peasant

I'm not familiar with the ucoz CMS, but you should be able to implement a third-party app with just some simple HTML/java.

anatolytt
anatolytt
64 posts
Peasant

There's no chat module in ucoz (only a "tag board&quot, so there's no 'oint-and-click' way of adding chatroom functionality to your site. Ucoz doesnt allow to use your own php scripts, so no way of installing some downloaded ready script too.
You can probably use some java IRC interface, but you should have some knowledge about how the stuff works.

uberdead49
uberdead49
59 posts
Nomad

TO add a chat room you look up chat rooms copy and paste them unless you want more unique and not simple then you have to program it in to your system/website. its really simple but a long process.

anatolytt
anatolytt
64 posts
Peasant

uberdead49, ucoz doesnt allow to use own server-side scripts, so the only possible way is either put a link on some chat room created elsewhere, or use (insert code on the website) java IRC interface, which is client-side.

bigdaddyg
bigdaddyg
372 posts
Nomad

alright guys thanks for the advice. ill see if i can do it your way anatolytt.

Showing 1-5 of 5