ForumsSupport ForumChange ratings

7 3396
The_Idea_Men
The_Idea_Men
102 posts
Nomad

I dont know if this has been explored before, but changing ratings...

sometimes my opinion of a game changes after i play it for a while. Or I feel i should have given it a higher rating because I underestimated how much I would end up playing it. Then I wish I could go back and teak the rating and I cant.

I know with giving points out for ratings its tricky, but i do wish we could edit the orange slidebar.

Just a thought, now other peoples, sound off on it!

• 7 Replies
nick_coolhaha
nick_coolhaha
1,197 posts
Herald

Well I know an easy way to fix your problem so this idea wouldn't really be needed. I just think you should play a game very throughly and for at least a good amount of time so you can get a good understanding of the game. Then after you're done playing, you rate the game based on how you feel and what you just have played. That's what I do and I've never regreted changing a rating. Well, only when I click a wrong rating on accident, but other than that I don't think that it's a very useful idea.

The_Idea_Men
The_Idea_Men
102 posts
Nomad

i just finished achillies, i stated playing it periodically before i even became a site member. id never rate anything if i planned on returning to it after a few months because i wouldnt be back more often than not.

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,678 posts
Jester

Well then, as it was more or less said: Just put more thought into your rating. Besides, just one rating does not affect the overall score of the game all that much. I just see it more as a personal guide for my own use, reminding me of what games I have played and such.

ilovecookies14
ilovecookies14
83 posts
Nomad

wow this is really true i tried giving a game a 10 but then my computer was acting up and i was trying to click it bakc but on accident i clicked and gave the game a 0...now i feel bad that i cant change it

Ryano123
Ryano123
12 posts
Nomad

I feel that after I play a game multiple times, I want to change the rating. The game gets better or worse after playing a couple times.

Kendu10
Kendu10
202 posts
Nomad

Yeaah,that would be nice if you can change your ratings.

Jikek
Jikek
1,187 posts
Nomad

yea ive done this many times before. Maybe you could rate once get the AP but you could change you rating. but it would only count half as much to the overall rating. this is so a band of ppl dont change there rating to a 0 just to make a game maker feel bad.

Showing 1-7 of 7