ForumsSupport ForumClubs, I want your opinion!

33 4804
NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

There have been many clubs made and locked for quite some time in the tavern. Some people want clubs, others don't, and we need to create a median between the two.

Explain why you either support or don't support clubs and what you think the guidelines for making clubs should be and how clubs should be run and anything else you would like to add.

I myself beleive that clubs should be a meeting place, not a discussion place. Let us pretend their was an anime club. I would expect to see posts about the following in it:

1. Updates on anime (new episodes, products, so on)
2. Links to other anime thread
3. General anime questions and answers

*I also believe that any member wishing to create a club should talk about their club ideas to a mod before making one. Though it is not a rule, I highly recomend users start doing that.

Things I would not want to see in the club:

1. Long discussions about a particular anime (a seperate thread should be created)
2. General chat
3. A bunch of ranks, points, and ways to be rewarded with points. I would not mind a friendly competition, but it should be made in a new thread and it should not promise any AP nor any guild points/ranks. It should be for fun.

The above was an example. Club expectations would varry on the type of club.

So give me your own ideas and your own opinions. Please remember to respect other people's opinions here.

• 33 Replies
dacer
dacer
2,820 posts
Nomad

i agree on most of it, but people usually cant distinguish one thing (updates) from another (diisscussion) people are bound to make mistakes if clubs are allowed to continue.

but if clubs actually listened to rules like these, maybe they would be...okay to have around.

Lige
Lige
1,568 posts
Nomad

that's basically what I think, but I don't feel that the members of this site are capable of doing that.

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

That is why I suggest members go to mods and ask for guidance on creating clubs. The main problem is that there are no clubs like the one I used as an example to be an example.

Fyrefox
Fyrefox
2,126 posts
Blacksmith

Well, I think it would generate a lot of spam with people saying, "Yea, I'll Join" and so on, but clubs are a good way to interact between users. I'm undecided.

skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,376 posts
Blacksmith

Well, the problem with most of them is they are not able to be tlaked about. Like with some of the clubs about....lets say....Video games. They talk baout halo the whole time. there is only so much you can say about halo.

Any ways, I am all for structed clubs such as the ZSC.

usually cant distinguish one thing (updates) from another (diisscussion)

Well there idea of an update is a new disscuison topic.
ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

(((What kind of day is this?? Club day? Three threads whining about them, then there's threads that just
spam about these kinds of things.....)))

I don't like clubs because of their pointlessness. They are about totally random crap, and they
don't even last very long. The longest club that I've seen that was totally out-of-the-blue was about
2 weeks. Most are unorganized, spam-filled, and pointless, as I've said above. I've also seen that
there are duplicate club threads made by different members. Threads are one thing, but anyone who wants
to make a club should really look to see if it's already taken.

What I want to see in a club thread? News, updates, and that's pretty much it. Members who want to be
recruited can look there and ask the founder to be added, NOT ASK ON THE THREAD ITSELF. Most of the
spam on clubs have to do with "I WANNA JOIN PLZ!!!!1!!1" replies that makes the thread ugly and short.
The layout of the club, the rules about it, and the optional ranks and how to get them go first, followed by announcements. That's all I would want to see on a thread.

What I don't want to see:

-- "I WANNA JOIN PLZ!!!!1!!!1" replies

-- Endless random discussion about the club

-- Turning into a chat thread as well

And for Allah's sake, if you want to make a clan, at least make it flourish and keep it healthy!
If your clan was up and running, then suddenly gets inactive, why go through all the trouble of making it?

(The above goes for RPGs as well, though its a different subject)

dacer
dacer
2,820 posts
Nomad

yea but they never branch off into another thread, like noname suggests. and the ZCS is more of a game then a club, the main reason why its NUMBAH WON!

#1 lol

Graham
Graham
8,052 posts
Nomad

needs to be a general club with day-to-day changes in discussion

like political parties

i don't like seeing threads made about clubs i think it should stay in comments/profiles

Lige
Lige
1,568 posts
Nomad

What kind of day is this?? Club day? Three threads whining about them, then there's threads that just
spam about these kinds of things.....

actually there was the one thread made by me, which got locked because noname figured this thread would be more effective, and then there was crazy who is just hilarious. It's just a one thing led to another type of thing. I assure you, there is no such thing as club day. unless you're talking about the day when we all go out and hit baby seals with clubs, but that doesn't come until the breaks.
dacer
dacer
2,820 posts
Nomad

THATS JUST MEAN. baby seals have rights to, and noname, if you accept it, i migth make a club following these rules to tes how affective they are, and how it leads into spam, in fact il start it up maybe tommorow. if my computer dosent get taken away.

so yea

Toadlord
Toadlord
497 posts
Shepherd

I once was going to join a semi-club thing called the Coffee Shop. It was shut down rather quickly by NoName. At first I was pretty ticked about this, but I came to realize that it was just going to generate useless conversation.

Basically, that is what all the clubs on this site end up becoming. Useless conversation that no longer relates to the original purpose of the club reigns supreme.

These clubs are pointless. If people want to have them I think they should keep them in the profiles.

Lige
Lige
1,568 posts
Nomad

baby seals have rights to

Yeah, they have the right to remain delicious.
skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,376 posts
Blacksmith

baby seals have rights to
Yeah, they have the right to remain delicious.

i just wet my slef, like no joke.

Any how, the ZSC Isn't a game really....

People should just use better judgment when makeing clubs.
dacer
dacer
2,820 posts
Nomad

lige, your a mean bastard! baby seals are not delicious!

they taste like sulfur

Lige
Lige
1,568 posts
Nomad

You must not be cooking it right.

Showing 1-15 of 33