ForumsProgramming ForumGreat Opprtunity for Flash Programmers!

8 2855
TheOriginalGamesta
TheOriginalGamesta
4 posts
Nomad

Hello, everyone!

My team and I have designed an ambitious flash game. I know it can be done with the right team, and the right amount of effort put in by everyone on it.

What we're trying to do is take a look at the Action Platforming genre and rework it from the ground up, we've come up with new ways of doing things that have been staples in the genre for years.

Unfortunately, we don't have a dedicated programmer who is willing to put in work and get things done. Some of the algorithms we'll be using are a little bit complicated, so it'll serve as good practice and/or a learning experience for most of you.

Full credit will be given to anyone who participates in the project, as that's all we really have to give at the moment.

For anyone who wants to participate in something ground-breaking, sure to take the Flash world by storm, please visit Fourth Wall for a brief overview, some music and concept art!

• 8 Replies
Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

I'm not a programmer so I won't be of any help, however the concept art looks very good and the premise is interesting. I hope you'll get the help you need!

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,824 posts
Shepherd

The music on the site drives me insane. It interrupted Pinball Wizard!!!!!!!!!!!!! > D:<
------
It seems good.

TheOriginalGamesta
TheOriginalGamesta
4 posts
Nomad

Thanks to both of you...I think?

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

Well I am not a game programmer...yet,but I am quite impressed with the way the levels are drawn.Very well done,now all you need it seems is a good dedicated programmer right?

miguelin11
miguelin11
2,905 posts
Nomad

lol I think no one is a programmer here since no one has posted they want to try >:P

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

well we have plenty of programmers on this site,but I don't know of how many of them would be able to program specifically in..AS2 or AS3 depending which they plan on using(although a lot of the programmers I would think on this site should know AS2/AS3 because it is a flash site after all),but of course it also a matter of who is not already working on other projects and wants to work on someone elses project.I am sure after a while they are bound to find someone though.

TheOriginalGamesta
TheOriginalGamesta
4 posts
Nomad

Hahaha yeah, that's what I'm hoping for!

fartmanner
fartmanner
1 posts
Nomad

Ok im in what is it i program as3 only thou

Showing 1-8 of 8