Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Obamas priest mad at America?

Thread Locked

Posted Mar 17, '08 at 1:58pm

Megamickel

Megamickel

946 posts

That's not why the market is declining, but I'll let you keep your thoughts. Assume that one company DOES get a monopoly and take complete control of one market - people wouldn't like that. So if another company was created and started selling the product at a lower price, people would switch. A monopoly must still maintain low prices and efficiency, or else it will be overthrown by new people with new ideas.

Posted Mar 17, '08 at 2:06pm

Devoidless

Devoidless

3,553 posts

Hey, you know what? I am going to do a crazy feat of superhuman strength. Throw this derailed train wreck of a conversation back on track. With only my mind.

Even though a lot of people got all up in arms about it recently, guess what? That whole thing happened over a month ago.

Furthermore, I agree with some points of what he says. Granted he is just another on of those crazy southern preachers.
A lot of people are pissed about both sides of the democratic race playing the race card, although everyone knows it is going to be one of the most important cars to play in the game.
And although most of his ranting is just that, ranting, I too am sick of the way America is going and doing right now. Hell, forget right now. The past 50 years or so.
Bah, I lost my train of thought. But hey, I think I did my part.

Posted Mar 17, '08 at 2:08pm

Ryano123

Ryano123

12 posts

He has somethin against rich white men

Posted Mar 17, '08 at 2:11pm

Megamickel

Megamickel

946 posts

^Give it another 5 posts, it'll fall off track.

I go back to my original statement: I don't really care if he's black, white, pink, loves men or flies a plane. I won't vote for him because he's too liberal for me. I'd rather vote for Paul, but since that's not really a viable option, I'll vote for McCain. If he loses, I'll still stand behind whoever becomes president.

That being said, I don't think this pastor is going to really screw with Obama's chances of winning the democratic ticket. I'd still rather Hillary won, because McCain has a better chance of beating her.

Posted Mar 17, '08 at 2:21pm

Devoidless

Devoidless

3,553 posts

No. Listen to me. It will not fall off track if you kids stop posting all this senseless blather everywhere. We are talking about what Obama's former preacher said. Not goddam McCain, Ford or anything like that. Keep it on topic. Seriously. Normally I am level headed, but when someone just disregards my efforts to make intelligent, meaningful conversation I do not accept that. Straighten up and fly right please.

Some people are giving Obama a hard time for not denouncing his preacher 20 years ago. Which I find funny. I am sure that he does not always rant on that level. He did what anyone with that kind of power and status would when someone he has known for many years is trying to do something important but is faced with so much flack. He took a stand for what and who he supports, but it got blown out of proportion due to what he said, the currrent situation and the media's take on it.

Posted Mar 17, '08 at 2:23pm

Asherlee

Asherlee

5,189 posts

Knight

Ryano consistently writes worthless posts...

So, I am an Obama fan. Megamickel - attempt to convince me McCain is not going to be Bush part 2.

Posted Mar 17, '08 at 5:06pm

Megamickel

Megamickel

946 posts

First off, conversations change topic sometimes. It happens. There's really not much to discuss about the article itself.

What was wrong with Bush? Please elaborate on your concerns and then I'll give you why I don't like him.

Posted Mar 17, '08 at 7:53pm

Devoidless

Devoidless

3,553 posts

Oh, look. A Texan that sees nothing wrong with Bush. Go figure.

Have you been living under a rock for the past 8 years? If so, you must of missed the whole unneeded war, horrible economy, attempts to make g.ays illegal, and the fact that he is a total moron. Other than all that, nothing really.

And I know you were not asking me. But I am sure she agrees with the reasons I list more or less.