ForumsForum GamesZombie Apocolaypse RPG (Has A Story And Is Very In-Depth)

63 15433
YourShadow
YourShadow
68 posts
Nomad

This is my second try at a zombie rpg thread.

STORY:
The city of Borahamwood. A once bustling city of Virgina, U.S.A. now reduced to ruins after an undead apocalypse. It happened overnight, people started getting flu symptoms, coughing, sneezing, vomiting. Then those people went rabid. They attacked any person on sight, biting, scratching, crushing. They became feral zombies and in a matter of weeks, over half of the population is part of the undead. Most people don't know how it happened. Rumors say that it was because of a bacterial virus from a cooperation called BioTec released into the general public. Others say that graveyards have become to crowded, causing the undead to rise. Some say that they are straight from Hell. You play as a survivor in the massive city ruins, and your fate rests in your actions. The slightest mistake may cost your life, so be cautious, every action you do might just come back to haunt you.

Welcome To Borahamwood: POPULATION 2 MILLION UNDEAD
------------------------------------

Character Creation:

You have some choices on your character.

Adepts:
Choose 3 Adepts (Or Skills)

Devil's Tongue: You can persuade many of Borahamwood's surviving humans

Looter: You can search for useful things much easier than other people

Pyro!: You love to use fire. Any fire damage weapons you use will be more lethal. Also you are resistant to fire burns and extreme heat.

Assassin: You can backstab any NPC that isn't looking at you, killing them instantly. Works on both humans and zombies. You also have a high chance of sneaking past any NPC.

Thief: You can pick locks with ease and your sneaking skills are increased dramatically. (Comes With x5 Lockpicks)

Computer Support: You can use technology with much more ease. (Includes computers, security systems, mainframes etc.)

Gunslinger: Damage, accuracy and knowledge of one-handed type weapons is increased dramatically (IE Pistols, SMGS)

Commando: Damage, accuracy and knowledge of two-handed type weapons is increased dramatically (IE Rifles, snipers)

Up Close And Personal: Damage, accuracy and knowledge of shotgun type weapons is increased dramatically.

Gunman: You have a general familiarity with ALL gun types. (But it isn't as much if you specialize with just one type)

Who Needs Guns Anyway?: You are much better at using ANY melee type weapon and can turn any ordinary item into a useful weapon.

ExplosionTard: You love seeing things go BOOM. Any explosives you trigger will be bigger, badder and much more deadly. You also know how to use items like pipe bombs, C4 and other homemade explosives (Not the ability to create them)

Athlete: You have dramatically increased stamina and can sprint for long distances.

Body Building: You have increased strength and more health.

Car Thief: You can hotwire cars, vans and any other vehicle with the right tools.

GPS Man: You have a GPS device and can tell where you are in the city (includes x1 GPS unit)

Carpentry: You can fabric barricades from many ordinary items.

Mechanic: You can fix many types of vehicles. Ranging from roller blades, mopeds, to cars.

Free Running: You can travel across the roofs of buildings, climb things easier, and have a better sense of balance.

Paramedic: Your knowledge of healing items is increased.

Items:
You start with 100 Credits. Spend them all.

Pistol (loaded and 2 extra clips: a total of 21 bullets): 70C
Assault Rifle (Loaded With 1 Extra Clip: a total of 60 bullets): 100C
SMG (Loaded with 1 Extra Clip: A total of 60 bullets): 90C
Shotgun (Loaded with 14 extra bullets: A total of 21 bullets): 100C
Improvised Melee Weapon (Pool Que, Metal Bat, 2x4, etc.): 30C
Knife or Dagger (NOTE: A knife is needed to BACKSTAB): 50C
Hotwiring Tools: 40C
Military Radio: 20C
x2 First Aid Kits: 20C
Extra Ammo (6 Bullets): 10C
Portable Generator (Powers buildings to increase search rates, if used in hospitals healing items are more useful): 50C
Pain Killers (IE Aspirin, can keep you going for awhile): 10C
Kevlar Amour: 50C
x2 Flare Gun (MAY CAUSE A HELICOPTER EQUIPMENT DROP-OFF): 40C
x2 Molotov Cocktail: 40C
x1 Grenade: 50C
x1 Pipe Bomb:50C
Map Of The City: 10C
Gas Can: 40C

Safehouse:
You have a choice for what place you are currently living in.

Police Station: One-Handed guns and shotgun search rates increase, large amounts of survivors inside, heavily barricaded, large zombie activity outside.

Hospital: Medical search rates increase, moderate amounts survivors inside, moderately barricaded, moderate zombie activity outside

Army Fort: All gun search rates increase, large amounts of survivors inside, extremely barricaded, extreme zombie activity outside

Mall: All item search rate increase, large amounts of survivors inside, heavily barricaded, extreme zombie activity outside

Apartment Building: Improvised Melee weapon search rate increase, small amount of survivors inside, loosely barricaded, small zombie activity outside

Vehicle Pound: Useful vehicle search rate increase, small amount of survivors inside, not barricaded, small amount of zombie activity outside

Roaming: UNIQUE. Might spawn anywhere in the city, and situation is unknown. Might prove the best if your lucky....

Character Sheet:

Name:
Items:
Current Safehouse:
Health: 100%
Stamina: 100%

------------------

Post And Lets Get Started!

• 63 Replies
I3rutalGod
I3rutalGod
50 posts
Nomad

Name: Renvar Westhold
Adepts: Gunslinger, Free running, Thief
Items: SMG, Extra Ammo
Current Safehouse: Mall

Looks good, you've put a lot of time into it.

YourShadow
YourShadow
68 posts
Nomad

Staring out the front entrance of Treespeake Mall, you see a very large horde of the undead that wander in the parking lot. You just finished building a barricade with the help of a group of fellow survivors. Although the barricade covers the doorway completely, you notice a few small gaps in the cade. You look down to your holstered SMG that you picked up the other day off of a dead man in a military uniform and some extra ammo you found in the security room in the mall. You know you haven't searched the whole mall yet and know other entrances may not be barricaded. Your next course of action is....

A. You start filling in the gaps of the barricade

B. You order other survivors to rebuild the barricades

C. You look at the Mall map and head towards a pawn shop to search for items, including guns

D. You head towards a vitamin shop to search for useful items

E. You head to the security room

Pick an action and explain your actions THOROUGHLY.

I3rutalGod
I3rutalGod
50 posts
Nomad

C. I start heading to the pawn shop. Some survivors ask where I am going, but I tell them I'll be right back.

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,678 posts
Jester

Might as well jump on in.

Name:Ambros
Adepts:Assassin, Thief, Freerunner
Items: Dagger, city map, flare guns
Current safehousr: Roaming
Stamina:100%

YourShadow
YourShadow
68 posts
Nomad

You start heading to the pawn shop, which is a good walk from the front entrance. As you walk you see abandoned shops, most of which are looted and ransacked. You just walked by a supply closet and a sports store that's intact enough to enter. As you walk the vast empty mall, you hear a scream and some gunfire in the direction you just came from. You realize that there is trouble at the barricade and you decide to....

A. Keep heading to the pawn shop at a quicker pace

B. Turn around and see what's the problem

C. Go into the sports store

D. Go into the supply closet

YourShadow
YourShadow
68 posts
Nomad

Alright, welcome Devoidless

You stay hidden in a side alley way watching a lone man pass by. Your crouched, hidden by the darkness, in a tight alley way, which leads to a 2 lane one-way street. Several cars line the street, most of them destroyed. The man, who seems to be well armed, holding a SMG. He also wears a kevlar jacket and several other items. He continues walking down the middle of the street, very alert. You grin as he walks right past you. You then....

A. Draw your dagger quietly, sneaking behind a car, following the man

B. Draw your dagger quietly, while sneaking towards the man, taking a more direct route

C. Wait until the man has gone further down the street then start following him.

D. Call out, and try to enlist his help

E. Turn around and go the other way of the alley

I3rutalGod
I3rutalGod
50 posts
Nomad

A. Start heading to the pawn shop at a quicker pace

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,824 posts
Shepherd

This seems like an interesting RPG. I'm glad that me and Kipdon aren't the only ones who care about RPG story.

YourShadow
YourShadow
68 posts
Nomad

Stamina: 95%

You start heading down corridor of the mall a jogging pace, tiring yourself slightly. You hear continuing gunfire and screams and realize that the barricade has just been breached. Then after a short jog you wind up in front of the storefront of the pawn shop. Its windows are barred, some of the bars are broken and a pile of debris lies in the windowfront, and the door is completely off its hinges. You see some items, but in the haze of the store you cannot see exact items unless you get closer. The gunfire and yells are getting louder and louder and you....

A. Go into the shop, searching for items

B. Go to the window and search the rubble that's in windowfront

C. Go inside and search for a light switch, which will increase your chance of finding anything

D. Turn around and head back, thinking you will find nothing

YourShadow
YourShadow
68 posts
Nomad

And @ thisisnotanalt

Thank you, finally someone who values a story instead of jumping right into something

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,678 posts
Jester

A

I look around and listen carefully, trying to see if anyone else is around...human or otherwise. After a brief moment, things seems fairly clear. I decide to give him a bit of a lead and follow after him. Normally he would already be standing before the dark gates, yet he seems to have a very important matter to attend to. Why else would -one- man be walking around this city....

sense
sense
1,036 posts
Nomad

Name: Sense
Adepts: Free Running, Looter and Carpentry
Items:
Pistol, with 3 clips (7 bullets each)
Extra Ammo (Pistol) (can't it be a clip? (7 bullets))
Military Radio (hoping that means a set)
Credits:
Current Safehouse: Mall (I hate being alone)

YourShadow
YourShadow
68 posts
Nomad

You watch the man walk down the street, letting him go ahead of you. You creep from car to car, staying out of sight. Eventually after several pain staking minutes he reaches the intersection, and you are still out of sight and 3 cars behind him. He then pulls out a radio and starts talking. You overhear the words "BioTec...patrol underway...section 8 secure...evac needed" and realize he is part of BioTec. You...

A. Continue to follow him at a safe distance, eager to learn more of what he is doing

B. Sneak up closer to hear the conversation better

C. Sneak up closer and attempt to backstab him

D. Call out to see if he is evacuating any civilians

E. Turn around and head the other way

YourShadow
YourShadow
68 posts
Nomad

Welcome Sense, and yes the radio is a 2-way radio and can be used to communicate to anyone that is on the station that your listening to.
Name: Sense
Adepts: Free Running, Looter and Carpentry
Items:
Pistol, with 4 clips, Military Radio
You are in Monroeville Mall, an average sized mall in the middle of the city. You have been here since the start of the outbreak, sitting tight with the security personnel that is there. Most of the entrances are barricaded and not all of the shops have been looted yet. You also know there is a hospital, police station and the waterfront nearby with the help of your map. You are currently at the front entrance of the mall, watching the undead shamble outside, with your fellow survivors. Your next course of action is...

A. You look at the map and go to a (insert shop here, the more useful the shop, IE a gun shop, the higher chance it has been looted already)

B. Head to the security room

C. Head to the mall roof

D. Go to the underground part of the mall

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,678 posts
Jester

C

I hear only bits and pieces of a conversation, but I hear more than enough to decide what I am going to do about him. He's BioTec, and that means he is responsible for all this in one way or another. Even if he's just a hired gun...he's guilty.
Before his evac comes, I go towards him with the intent to kill. His words are as useless as his life, but his gear is worth something...and I am sure he must have some docs of importance on him. It's time to let the fun begin....

Showing 1-15 of 63