ForumsArt, Music, and WritingShort Story Competition-Judged by Ricador

28 4241
Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

I was bored so i thought i would create this.

All you have to do is submit a story under 250 words by Wednesday, and which ever one makes me *lol* the most wins.

Here are the rules.

Enjoy, sucker

• 28 Replies
crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

hmm short story contest....OK I just need something to write about and I could get to this right away,but of course this may be difficult since Ricador obviously doesn't have the same sense of humor as I do...

necromancer
necromancer
750 posts
Peasant

Oh, and yes you can submit a story posted on AG before

I'm such a strug, I just posted this under another story contest.

In the evening, the somber blanket of clouds, like a vaulted dome over the earth, had collapsed, leaving the ceiling pocked with holes. Through one such aperture hanging just above the distant horizon, the golden orb of the sun had pushed, poked, and peered its shining head out to perform its nightly ritual - laying its head upon the great pillow of earth. As it lowered to the soft, splashing sea, it shook its shimmering mane casting its rays into the dispersing clouds. The menagerie of clouds in their plethora of shapes and forms scintillated, basking in the glow of the dying sun. And, they began to dance. The empyrean eve was the ballroom of the cloud-creatures bouncing and prancing and twirling illuminated by the phantasmal colors of the sunset. In an amorphous dance, the iridescent wisps flipped and flitted, melting their forms in perpetual unpredictable motion. The sun was the rhythm-beat, bursting with fire, throbbing as the opalescent dancers stepped, marched, and trotted to the time. He, the shining, was the life of the party, animating the gaseous gallopers; thus when He died, with His last breath of brilliance, the revelry, the merriment, the celebration - stopped.
Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

The idea was they were supposed to be humorous, but that is good to. Kind of confusing although, but i definitely liked it a lot. You exercised you're vocabulary quite well

Remember ya'll, i will say the winner Wdnesday

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Hummorous? oops. If it doesnt have to be, I'll submit my bagpiper story on AG.

Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

It does not have to be, but it is always welcome

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Ah ok. The bagpiper is 1.5k words long, hope it isnt long enough to put you to sleep.

Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

It will be fine, i already read it anyways on your other thread

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

yeah Ric you there?

mentorso123
mentorso123
368 posts
Jester

Wait, I made a short story competition a while back.
That's weird.

Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

Sorry...it died so i figured it did not matter much. Thisisnotanalt won, but nichodemus came in a close second.

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,824 posts
Shepherd

Yay! *celebration dance* *hi-5s nicho for getting a close second *

tennisman24
tennisman24
4,682 posts
Farmer

haha ok ricador so we are supposed o make a funny story?

Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

This contest is over, check out thoads thread now

Showing 16-28 of 28