ForumsArt, Music, and WritingWriters Contest, hosted by Thoad!

168 29424
thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

Hello, I'm the well renowned Thoadthetoad, who made the insanely popular story, "The Moderation Wars". Now then, I've seen a whole lot of writing contests but they are just terrible, no organazation or rules. Let me just tell you that this is NOT A PLACE to put crappy 5 minute 3 sentence stories that literally anyone could have written. Now then, here's the basic rules:

1. Must not be SMUT. A simple sexual reference or a wink wink nudge nudge is fine, hell, even something a woman in her 40's would read to feel secure is fine, but don't make the characters have ANY contact. This includes: Groping, fondling, HXC (hardcore), anal, buttocks grabbing or sucking. A kiss I can handle, maybe tounge, but don't make it descriptive to where younger users would be creeped out, OKAY?!

2. Story must be within 500 - 1000 words. Please keep it within that so I won't get tired reading, and so that it actually has some structure.

3. You HAVE to have a beginning, middle, and end in your story! No "to be continued" things. You may use the same characters and whatnot, but please do not leave things opened.

4. I would very much appreciate if you put how many words were in your entry. It braces me for it and I won't have to count it all that much. Again, I'd very much appreciate it if you were HONEST with it.

5. This is prose ONLY, no poetry, guys.

6. Must be relevant to the theme, which I will assign every... oh I say 2 weeks would be enough.

7. There can only be 7 entries at the most, because I think I'll die if I have to read any more than that. So if it reaches the cap before the deadline, I'll judge there.

8. No fanfictions of your favorite series unless noted that

So those are the rules, if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. I like questions after all.

This rounds theme will be....

Anime

Fanfics are ok, but is strongly unadvised. As I tend to detest fanfics... I hope you all have a good time writing, and I hope some more people come to here instead of the other places. Btw, every story has to have DIRECT link to the theme, even if it's roundabout, I don't care, so long as it's still a direct link from the story to it, no chains.

• 168 Replies
samdawghomie
samdawghomie
3,550 posts
Peasant

Thoad when is the deadline for ghosts?

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

WEll spoon, just make sure the story is upt to par, and you should ask sense, because I asked him if he could do the judging.

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,824 posts
Shepherd

I'm like, sort of gladdish that we're allowed to use past stories. . .except all of my entries so far were made up on the fly. . .I just hope that there's a really really really broad theme coming up. . . .

samdawghomie
samdawghomie
3,550 posts
Peasant

Ghost Hunter

It was a cold wintry night. The owls hooting only increased the tense feeling in the air. It must have been -15 degrees outside but that didnât bother A.J. The only thing on his mind was the job at hand. As the snow gleamed in the shining moonlight, he sipped on a nice, hot, refreshing coffee. As the warm beverage slithered down is ice cold throat he started to prepare for his chilling task. So, he and his crew got ready to do what they had dreamed of as little kids, Ghost Hunting. Today, they had to go to an old torn down house to rid it of the family of ghosts that lived there.
It is said that the previous family that had lived there committed suicide. Why? This is what some researchers say. Itâs documented that in 1944 on vacation to get away from the war torn world, they came back with spirits haunting them everywhere they went, mostly in there sleep. They say the reason they killed their selfâs was because of the spirits haunting them.
âWell if were going to get there on time weâd better leave soon,â said Greg.
âAlright, get ready boys,â exclaimed A.J, âletâs go do some ghost hunting!â The drive there was 2 hours long. They drank half of there water supply, and ate about a fourth of the food. âGeez guys, stop wolfing down the food. I still havenât eaten anything yet.â
âAlright weâll stop, but this ride is making me hungry,â said Greg sympathetically. When they finally got there they could immediately tell why nobody had lived there. The house looked like it was staring at you, it made you want to run home to your mommy and hide under the covers. The two trees in the front yard looked like zombie hands that were going to grab anyone that dared to step into the vicinity of its clutches. In the back a thick fog covered the battered and beat up earth. You could barely make out the four graves that were there. The house itself looked like a face that was going to eat anything that went inside. Despite the horrors it presented, they went inside.
The interior looked elegant. A huge diamond chandelier set in the middle of the ceiling, with leather couches sitting around it.
âWow!â A.J exclaimed, âI would kill for a house like this.â
âYeah, me to. This place looks like a millionaire estate,â said Preston.
âWell, we better get the equipment set up before it gets dark,â Greg exclaimed. It took them two hours to get every thing ready. âEverything is all set and its turning pretty dark out side.â
âIâm going to go set up some infrared cameras now.â When he got there he was in the master bedroom, a prime spot to look for any paranormal activities. It was dark and creepy inside there, but Preston didnât care. He started to lie down on the comfy bed.
Meanwhile, A.J and Greg were setting up in the kitchen with the voice recorder and a couple of cameras. The kitchen had a cold felling to it like something knew they were there.
âAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!â A sudden scream came from the bedroom.
âWhat the H*** was that,â said Greg, very startled.
âIt must be Preston. Get the guns Greg, we may have a problem,â A.J exclaimed. A problem indeed, when they got in there they were shocked to find a headless Preston on the bed. âNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, not Preston. Why, why I ask you, WHYYYYYYYYYYY???????â
âItâs going to be alright A.J. We just got to find were he went,â Greg whispered. As soon as they turned around the ghost grappled them and ripped the guns out of there hands. They made a big mistake, they forgot to put on there ghost goggles before they went in to investigate. Being defenseless, the spirit slit there throats wide open letting the blood gush out onto the floor, chanting. Never come near my house again!!!!!!!

In fond memory of those brave three I have made bios for each of them.
Name: Alex Jones (A.J)
Place of Birth: Berea, Kentucky
Height: 6â2
Weight: 213 lbs.
Wife: None

He lived in the little town of Berea, Kentucky his whole life with his best friend Preston. Greg was his older brother. His family wasnât that rich in fact they were kind of poor. Money was always low but that never bothered A.J. As long as he had his bike he was always happy. He would ride is bike every where there was to go, and he liked to work out. Thatâs why heâs always been very fit. One of the prime reasons that he wanted to ghost hunt was that one killed his little brother when he was five years old. It is his lifelong pursuit to avenge his brother of the ghost that murdered him.

Name: Greg Jones
Height: 6â0
Weight: 192
Wife: Julie

He lived in the town of Berea, Kentucky with his best friend Preston his whole life along with A.J his little brother. He had another brother but a ghost killed him at five years of age. It took him a little while but he eventually got over it. Greg loved video games. That was one of the ways to get out the anger of his brothers death was games. He mostly liked war games. He worked at a factory his whole life, until his brother mentioned the ghost hunting idea. He thought that it was a nice idea especially considering what had happened to them.

Name: Preston Macintosh
Height: 6â1
Weight: 200
Wife: Amber

He lived in Berea, Kentucky his whole life with his friends Greg and A.J. He had two little brothers Freddy and Caleb. He loved the outdoors, mainly hunting. He loved to go deer hunting with is dad every year. His famous line is âI just donât know what Iâd do if there werenât any deer to shoot, Iâd probably shoot myself!â He had a great sense of humor. His mom died when he was ten in a car accident. Once his friends told him about the ghost idea he immediately said yes.

1047 words excactly. Please comment on my profile.

samdawghomie
samdawghomie
3,550 posts
Peasant

Those a rectangle things are apostrophies and quotation marks. I don't know why it does that.

Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

Those a rectangle things are apostrophies and quotation marks. I don't know why it does that.

I do. Did you write that in MS Office Word? If so, it uses 'Smart quotes' which means instead of the straight lines it does the little 66s and 99s or curved lines, and the AG board can only handle the straight ones, so it replaces the 'Smart' quotes with symbols.

Anyways, nice stories guys!
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,988 posts
Grand Duke

Tip, copy and paste into notepad and change all punctuations. Don't include symbols AG doesn't allow that.
samdawghomie
samdawghomie
3,550 posts
Peasant

Ghost Hunter

It was a cold wintry night. The owls hooting only increased the tense feeling in the air. It must have been -15 degrees outside but that didnât bother A.J. The only thing on his mind was the job at hand. As the snow gleamed in the shining moonlight, he sipped on a nice, hot, refreshing coffee. As the warm beverage slithered down is ice cold throat he started to prepare for his chilling task. So, he and his crew got ready to do what they had dreamed of as little kids, Ghost Hunting. Today, they had to go to an old torn down house to rid it of the family of ghosts that lived there.

It is said that the previous family that had lived there committed suicide. Why? This is what some researchers say. Itâs documented that in 1944 on vacation to get away from the war torn world, they came back with spirits haunting them everywhere they went, mostly in there sleep. They say the reason they killed their selfâs was because of the spirits haunting them.
Well if were going to get there on time weâd better leave soon, said Greg.

Alright, get ready boys, exclaimed A.J, letâs go do some ghost hunting! The drive there was 2 hours long. They drank half of there water supply, and ate about a fourth of the food. Geez guys, stop wolfing down the food. I still havenât eaten anything yet.

Alright weâll stop, but this ride is making me hungry, said Greg sympathetically. When they finally got there they could immediately tell why nobody had lived there. The house looked like it was staring at you, it made you want to run home to your mommy and hide under the covers. The two trees in the front yard looked like zombie hands that were going to grab anyone that dared to step into the vicinity of its clutches. In the back a thick fog covered the battered and beat up earth. You could barely make out the four graves that were there. The house itself looked like a face that was going to eat anything that went inside. Despite the horrors it presented, they went inside.

The interior looked elegant. A huge diamond chandelier set in the middle of the ceiling, with leather couches sitting around it.

Wow! A.J exclaimed, I would kill for a house like this.

Yeah, me to. This place looks like a millionaire estate, said Preston.

Well, we better get the equipment set up before it gets dark, Greg exclaimed. It took them two hours to get every thing ready. Everything is all set and its turning pretty dark out side.

Iâm going to go set up some infrared cameras now. When he got there he was in the master bedroom, a prime spot to look for any paranormal activities. It was dark and creepy inside there, but Preston didnât care. He started to lie down on the comfy bed.

Meanwhile, A.J and Greg were setting up in the kitchen with the voice recorder and a couple of cameras. The kitchen had a cold felling to it like something knew they were there.
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! A sudden scream came from the bedroom.
What the H*** was that, said Greg, very startled.

It must be Preston. Get the guns Greg, we may have a problem, A.J exclaimed. A problem indeed, when they got in there they were shocked to find a headless Preston on the bed. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, not Preston. Why, why I ask you, WHYYYYYYYYYYY???????â

Itâs going to be alright A.J. We just got to find were he went, Greg whispered. As soon as they turned around the ghost grappled them and ripped the guns out of there hands. They made a big mistake, they forgot to put on there goggles before they went in to investigate. Being defenseless, the spirit slit there throats wide open letting the blood gush out onto the floor, chanting. Never come near my house again!!!!!!!

In fond memory of those brave three I have made bios for each of them.

Name: Alex Jones (A.J)
Height: 6'2
Weight: 213 lbs.
Wife: None

He lived in the little town of Berea, Kentucky his whole life with his best friend Preston. Greg was his older brother. His family wasnât that rich in fact they were kind of poor. Money was always low but that never bothered A.J. As long as he had his bike he was always happy. He would ride is bike every where there was to go, and he liked to work out. Thatâs why heâs always been very fit. One of the prime reasons that he wanted to ghost hunt was that one killed his little brother Joey when he was five years old. It is his lifelong pursuit to avenge his brother of the ghost that murdered him.

Name: Greg Jones
Height: 6'0
Weight: 192
Wife: Julie

He lived in the town of Berea, Kentucky with his best friend Preston his whole life along with A.J his little brother. He had another brother, Joey, but a ghost killed him at five years of age. It took him a little while but he eventually got over it. Greg loved video games. That was one of the ways to get out the anger of his brothers death was games. He mostly liked war games. He worked at a factory his whole life, until his brother mentioned the ghost hunting idea. He thought that it was a nice idea especially considering what had happened to them.

Name: Preston Macintosh
Height: 6â1
Weight: 200
Wife: Amber

He lived in Berea, Kentucky his whole life with his friends Greg and A.J. He had two little brothers Freddy and Caleb. He loved the outdoors, mainly hunting. He loved to go deer hunting with is dad every year. His famous line is I just donât know what Iâd do if there werenât any deer to shoot, Iâd probably shoot myself! He had a great sense of humor. His mom died when he was ten in a car accident. Once his friends told him about the ghost idea he immediately said yes.

There that should do it.
And again, 1047 words.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,988 posts
Grand Duke

Its easier to read now, but please check every single punctuation next time...

samdawghomie
samdawghomie
3,550 posts
Peasant

Thanks for the tip nichodemus.

samdawghomie
samdawghomie
3,550 posts
Peasant

When is the judging going to happen?

sense
sense
1,036 posts
Nomad

Soon.

Sorry, but I have been away.

sense
sense
1,036 posts
Nomad

Maybe another entry. If one doesn't turn up tomorrow, I'll do it then.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,988 posts
Grand Duke

Yay Judging! But this thread sorta died.....

sense
sense
1,036 posts
Nomad

I disagree.

There are around 5 entries... The last one had 2.

Showing 121-135 of 168