ForumsArt, Music, and WritingInspiration

6 2597
mokomonkey
mokomonkey
50 posts
Nomad

All you artists, writers, and musicians out there, tell me what inspires you and how you think that certain thing inspires you.

For instance, the mood of the music I listen to effects the mood of what I write or draw. It also helps my thoughts flow smoothly and keeps me calm, without thoughts or worries outside what I'm doing.

I'm looking foreward to what you post ^-^

• 6 Replies
iWazBord
iWazBord
1,912 posts
Nomad

I get inspired to play my Alto Sax whenever I know I get a Solo somewhere in the song. If I don't get a solo in the song I normally just play whenever I feel like it..

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

yeah, most of the time it's music that I'm listening to that inspires me to write or draw, I always have it going when on my computer or writing the MW/drawing.

Sometimes seeing a drawing that I could be able to do but it's slightly above par for me is also something that inspires me :3

slliM
slliM
1,463 posts
Nomad

Well, little people know that I am also a musician, playing bass, guitar, and singing with my band whenever I can. Normally, when I write a song, I'm either inspired by a tempo, color, person, or situation. Like there is this song "Peaches" by the presidents of the united states of america. It is awesome. I'm like that. If I see something I like, I'll write a song about it.

Now on the writing side, I'm harder to inspire. The things I write about are either really inspiring, or not inspiring at all. That's just how my brain works.

.../uber rant

:3

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,824 posts
Shepherd

I usually get inspired because I think of one really good descriptive phrase about something that I'm doing, and end up building a whole story or poem around it. My writing process for a good, 500-1000 word story usually takes about 10 minutes of thinking of and building a plot around that phrase. It's kind of weird

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Random conversations, pieces of thoughts, experiences.
Music, dreams.
People I know, me.

Yeah, something like that.

Xzeno
Xzeno
2,301 posts
Nomad

What inspires me to write? Money and praise, to put it simply. I am also inspired by boredom.

What inspires me to write what I do? Nostalgia.

Showing 1-6 of 6