ForumsSupport Forum[MAKING AG WORK IN IE] - I found the way!

19 4819
Megamickel
Megamickel
902 posts
Peasant

Okay, so I started seeing what the problem was with IE - the game just didn't show up. Easy way to solve it - refresh the page. Just hit F5 on your keyboard or push the two circling arrows and it'll reload the page. You might have to do it a few times, but refresh and wait a few seconds and the game should show up.

It worked for me, let me know if it works for you. If it doesn't, I'll look and see if I can duplicate your problem and fix it.

• 19 Replies
Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

Another reason on top of many to use Firefox...

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

All that does is close the current window. Don't use Alt + F4.

MrMonkey3
MrMonkey3
495 posts
Nomad

Ya switching to firefox seems the best way untill the problem is fixed

John
John
345 posts
Nomad

I agree with the Firefox comments... Firefox also has spell check in it, for those who are grammatically impaired.

Jacker
Jacker
22 posts
Nomad

hmm i wonder y internet explorer does not work that much on armorgames.com?

Megamickel
Megamickel
902 posts
Peasant

I didn't say alt+F4, I said F5. Which is the shortcut for refresh. Push it. Right now. Heck, open up another window and push it.

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

No no, it was a response to another post, F5 is a very good choice. Another user (GEISH) whose comment has since been deleted, posted that he should use alt+F4. I was commenting that he should not take that advice.

I like F5

Koshionos
Koshionos
884 posts
Jester

well my problem is my computer, it only has 256 mb of RAM and 334 mhz... |(sniff)

Megamickel
Megamickel
902 posts
Peasant

^Ouch. I know the feeling, I was running 8 y/o Compaq with 250MHz and 182MB ram. Then I bought this shiny new Dell Inspirion PC for 300 clams. Ah... the difference is AMAZING.

ewoklad
ewoklad
15 posts
Nomad

Firefox all the way

Megamickel
Megamickel
902 posts
Peasant

I use Firefox, but I've got it ubercustomized and my mother/siblings don't like it. So they use IE. I found the fix for my brother, tbh.

Kendu10
Kendu10
202 posts
Nomad

I have IE 8 and it so terrible that when i come to Armorgames i have to use Firefox.
Because Ie8 u cant post comment.
The comment button is like backround picture.
Soo Ie8 is so terrible that you cant go Youtube it just then shows up Dont Send and Send error report.
And i cant use Ie8 in armorgames.
And there are lot of sites that i cant use.

MrMonkey3
MrMonkey3
495 posts
Nomad

Today my IE wouldn't even let me on armorgames for a little while took forever and when i first got here it wouldn,t let me log in when it did it wouldn't let me look at my profile. Whel thats my borin story THE END

Koshionos
Koshionos
884 posts
Jester

I know what you're talking about megamickel my old computer could stand up to anything... and then the harddrive died

Megamickel
Megamickel
902 posts
Peasant

^I just got fed up with fixing it every week >_> But I may bring it online just to see if I can duplicate some of the IE problems people have. Still recommend you use Firefox, but if you're not going to switch over, then I'll see if I can find workarounds for the other problems.
@ Kendu - Ah, I've had that before. You may consider a clean re-install of all your IE plugins.
@Monkey - I thought the site just went down.

Showing 1-15 of 19