ForumsPopular MediaJames Bond

32 7913
dragonball05
dragonball05
1,717 posts
Shepherd

Ok here's the deal. Seeing the commercials for the new 007 movie coming out, Quantum of Solace, made me wanna make this thread.

This thread is discuss all James Bond movies, old and new.

Please try and avoid spamming like "Oh I agree with that." and saying nothing else.
Please try and contribute to the thread.

Please don't attack people for stating their opinion on a James Bond movie.

And if there is already a thread like this, I'd love to have a link to it to post there instead.

(And don't get mad if I spelled the new movie wrong, I'm just a person :P)

• 32 Replies
Pixie214
Pixie214
5,838 posts
Peasant

It was bad in my opinon because it missed out the fundamantal principles of what makes bond good. Where were the gadgets and next to none Bond girls. Why mess with a perfectly good formula.

dragonball05
dragonball05
1,717 posts
Shepherd

Good points, pixie. Glad to see someone is still interested in my thread. :P

Pixie214
Pixie214
5,838 posts
Peasant

Glad to see someone is still interested in my thread. :P

Well it is James Bond after all. Very important person in cinematic history as well as the greatesy film series ever. I can't think of anything as long lasting and popular.
lviv
lviv
164 posts
Jester

I think Sean Connery made the best James Bond and he is truly the original James Bond.

Sean Connery was perfect for that role. The newer movies have lost their touch.

I haven't seen the new one yet but it looks somewhat interesting
dragonball05
dragonball05
1,717 posts
Shepherd

Nooo! James Bond can never be forgotten. Neither shall a thread about him be forgotten.

Ok, new discussion topic. What does everyone think of James Bond being ranked #1 hero in Entertainment Weekly?

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

I liked Die Another Day.

I really hate the endings to all his movies though ^.^

BlackShadow
BlackShadow
129 posts
Nomad

I loved Die Another Day,too!

I also favorite The World Is Not Enough(the best,total ownage).
And Goldfinger is epic too.

sanny
sanny
124 posts
Nomad

I think these movies are boring, no offense.

dragonball05
dragonball05
1,717 posts
Shepherd

That's ok sanny, everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Anyway, as said before...

What does everyone think of James Bond being ranked #1 hero in Entertainment Weekly?

My mom didn't agree with this, but she did say he should be in the top 10. She said Batman should be #1. What does everyone think about this?
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

Batman?
Interesting for a mom...

Anyways, what was that other movie called again? Double O 7?
I dunno.
I liked that one too.

nerdyboy
nerdyboy
79 posts
Nomad

me like Goldeneye, the World is Not Enough, and Die Another Day..they;re awesome and are made by, I say, the best James Bond actor ever ( Pierce Brosnan )

HIALLUWEIRDOS
HIALLUWEIRDOS
69 posts
Nomad

I have only seen bits of the movies, but they were always the action scenes!
I did play the 007 video game, but it was HAAAAARD! I was stuck on lvl. 2!
I think the best hero is TOTALLY Wolverine.

Pixie214
Pixie214
5,838 posts
Peasant

What does everyone think of James Bond being ranked #1 hero in Entertainment Weekly?

I agree it helps that I'm English though he has stopped being a charcter and is part of the national psyche I think like the Italian Job.

vodka-martini spoiled not shaken

I think his favourite drink (by consumption in the books) was whisky by some way.
RaGzOr
RaGzOr
132 posts
Shepherd

I hate Daniel Craig so i'll never see this James Bond. Besides, the recent James Bond's movies are becoming way too unrealistic. For fantasy movies i'll rather see Indiana Jones or crap like that :F

Pixie214
Pixie214
5,838 posts
Peasant

the recent James Bond's movies are becoming way too unrealistic

and the old ones were realistic? no one in the world is called Pussy Galore and submarine Lotuses aren't real. (with theire build quality you would be surprised of it survived a heavy down pour) I never look at James bond as realism I look at it for escapism and I think that is why it was so popular especially in England. They were perfect for the times they came out in and reflect them.
Showing 16-30 of 32