ForumsGamesThe Tape and its Secrets

7 2478
valkyrie1119
valkyrie1119
1,720 posts
Nomad

Here I have posted some ideas that I have pieced together; little bits of information that could possibly lead to the meaning of the tape.

All the tape contains is a song called "You are my sunshine," which was supposed to help you to reach the "utopia", according to Felicity. I looked up the lyrics to this song to see if I could find any clues, but I didn't get much. The lyrics pretty much repeat over and over again that whoever is singing the song doesn't want their "sunshine" to be taken away. Maybe Louis gave Sonny the tape to go and find the utopia, because he would be safe there and the ZPCI wouldn't be able to "take him away." I'm thinking this because Sonny basically means "sunshine," and maybe Louis has something to do with Sonny's past. And the ZPCI mentions the use of something called "The Seed," and since normal seeds need sunlight, maybe the ZPCI were going to take Sonny away to help them use the seed.
Also, in the first game, when Sonny wakes up, Louis tells him: "I'm a friend..."
I also read online somewhere (I think it was Kongregate) that if you wanted to have a good guess as to the meaning of the tape, you should think of Louis' blindness as well as the whole game as one big "metaphor." These were Krin's words before the release of Sonny 2.
In the last scene of Sonny 2, I also heard Roald or someone mention that the ZPCI were assassinating people in order to prevent the creation of the cure for the zombie virus, and that they needed the zombies to make money and profit. So maybe they don't need Sonny to use the seed. Maybe they just need him for money.
Also, we briefly see a conference with the ZPCI's leaders at the end of the game. They ask what looks to be the boss of the organization if they should call their nuclear strike force because of the sacking of the mayor. A nuclear and bombardment sounded bad enough, but at the mention of "The Seed," there were gasps. So maybe the seed is far more powerful and complicated than we think...

I know these are all mismatched ideas, but I'm just sort of brainstorming and trying to figure everything out.

• 7 Replies
awe862
awe862
119 posts
Nomad

hmmmm...... you may be right

Blkasp
Blkasp
1,308 posts
Nomad

I think you are onto something!

Highfire
Highfire
3,026 posts
Nomad

Could be, look at the "What happens to the Tape" Forum, read what people said, and post another one bigger than that - You can come up with a better one if you read it all, I like it, but I don't think your using enough - Alot yes, and I'm well convinced, but still, how do you explain the blood marks in the zones? Well actually they could've been assassinations.... OK Then, how do you explain the "Never any Sun in the Game!" idea? Krin said himself, and sorry if i'm being picky but you never mentioned any fighting in the city as far as I could see... Or that ZCPI weren't there at that time...
Really I don't think this is it - But if you find everything to counter that which goes into your own theory, then I'll try to help to, and I'll give you an apology.

P.S I didn't mean this in a bad way - Just that those were probably gaps which may stop your theory.

Riou1231
Riou1231
4,825 posts
Peasant

Wow your a pretty bright boy! I never really thought of this stuff hopefully your right then again you could always be wrong...

sense
sense
1,036 posts
Nomad

I agree. This stuff is amazing...

Highfire
Highfire
3,026 posts
Nomad

.... Still lol, I think you guys should check one called "What happens to the Tape"

_S_K_E_
_S_K_E_
731 posts
Nomad

Whoa, nice stuff. It was actually enjoyable to read!

Showing 1-7 of 7