ForumsArt, Music, and WritingNicho's Writing Thread [Archives on Pg 47]

512 272064
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Since thisnotalt( pretty sure I got the spelling wrong) suggested it, I think I will create a thread just to post my stories. Ok now to find them... *Digs deep into the AMW Section to find his stories*

• 512 Replies
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Mhm try getting him to rest...
It's impossible *sigh*

Sadly it's not because I don't want to. A list of stuff for my next blessed fortnight....

Project:

Chinese Music Project
Biology Project
Project on Osteoporosis
Read 150 Chinese Articles
Malay Project x 3

Tests:

Social Studies Test
History Test
Chinese Test on the 150 Articles
Chemistry Test
English Test
Philosophy Test
Math Test
Physics Practical
Physics Test x2
Biology Test

What great fun. I cannot afford to be sick at this time. So I pretend I'm not. Even if I'm half-dead, I still need to go to school.

Motto: Work first, death later. Hopefully not the death part in this case.

---------------

Anyway, expect a story today I guess. Or a poem. That is, if I can somehow manage to go pass the ban.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Poem as promised beforehand.

Listen to this as you read. I guess it sets the atmosphere.

Back to Reality

I am an instigator,
So be my terminator.
I wander a land of sanguine smiles,
A place of familiar strangers.

Shake sense into your head,
You won't know if they're real.
Topple that dream castle of yours,
Cause it'll only drive you insane.

Get back to sober reality,
Don't push to the extremities,
Dampen that withering spark,
And it's back to Noah's Ark.

You know it can't last for long,
That it's only connected via a screen.
So shut off the power line now,
Or end up popping those damn pills.

Pull out before you go too deep,
In every answer may lay a trap.
We know that it will hurt,
But just get back to reality.

It's my escapade but it's a fantasy,
High for a moment like ecstasy.
Not worth the price I must pay,
I'll not be here when it collapses.

A life like that ghetto man,
Perhaps that was all it was meant to be.
This will not do, it will not suffice,
I'll resume the path more trodden on.

Words are spaces between us,
They echo in the empty white rooms.
I see those vivid pictures,
But for all I know they conceal the truth.

A spot of light floods the room,
And pours over my world of pretend.
In the back lanes you'll find me,
The eyes ease open and it's dark again.

Perpetual game of hide and seek,
Just that I'm the little grey mouse.
Gaze through the hazy horizon,
And come back to the real world.

I'll try to be fine again,
But you know it won't soothe the pain.
One day too late one day too far,
Just as well turn off all my shallow dreams.

But how can I be sober,
When I'm dying over here?
The knife is in my hands,
Yet I hesitate to make the cut.

Everything falls apart in this virtual realm,
Even the people who never frown,
Sink to their knees and breakdown,
The sacrifice for the moments of rush.

In the memory you'll find me,
Watching the Sun and Moon elope.
But why should I care?
My powers of persuasion are long dead.

So get back to sober reality,
Young man perhaps you should stay,
Yet I feel that lovely dream in me expire.

the_manta
the_manta
4,536 posts
Peasant

I greatly envy your capabilities as an author, Nicho. If I were half as good as you, I'd still be pretty damn good.

I wish you wouldn't have left AG... More and more intelligent life is quitting.

samdawghomie
samdawghomie
3,551 posts
Peasant

I greatly envy your capabilities as an author, Nicho.

Couldn't have said it better.

I wish you wouldn't have left AG... More and more intelligent life is quitting.

He didn't leave. He's on haitus. He'll still here I'm pretty sure. Yes, why are all the top intelligent life quitting?

I'll say the peoms get better and better. The emotions helps it alot I'd say.
the_manta
the_manta
4,536 posts
Peasant

He's not here... He's just here, if that makes sense...
Here being the prominent AMW threads.

Anyway, Nich has inspiration, motivation, and the capability to write poetry, as opposed to my boring and uneventful life. I have nothing to base any poetry off of. *Sigh*

Back to Reality is especially good. I enjoyed reading it.

samdawghomie
samdawghomie
3,551 posts
Peasant

as opposed to my boring and uneventful life. I have nothing to base any poetry off of. *Sigh*

So true, so true.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Anyway, Nich has inspiration, motivation, and the capability to write poetry, as opposed to my boring and uneventful life. I have nothing to base any poetry off of. *Sigh*

The way my life is moving, I would say I wished I didn't.

What difference does a hiatus and a quit mean? Either way, I'm still inactive. And not all people on a hiatus come back.
dudeguy45
dudeguy45
2,920 posts
Peasant

Yes, I feel as if I have manta's problem, my most recent poem is short. And blunt.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Clown in the Tower

'Have you any more requests?' the stocky man in front of me questioned brusquely.

'I have. I want to play my violin sir. For one last time.'

The colonel nodded and opened a hatch in the steel door.
The light flooded in, throwing the room into disarray. I turned my head slowly, soaking in the almost sanguine feeling. For one last time...

'Bring his violin from the office.'

He spun around crisply on the balls of his feet; the same proud look filled his shiny face.

'You will be honored _____. The first person to die in the Tower of London for a few centuries. But certainly not the last.'

I smiled wryly at that fat oily face.

'It would be an honor to die for Germany.'

'It would be better to live.' The colonel looked at me like I was a lunatic.

'My family will surely suffer back in Germany. But I do not regret spying for the Kaiser.'

But did I really not regret doing so? Nationalistic fervor it had been, but was it worth the price? Was war a good enough reason to die? I have so much waiting for me back in Germany, perhaps...perhaps...was it all meant to be as such?

The colonel shook his head sorrowfully. 'It was Germany who sent you here to die.'

Inside, I laughed at him. To die? They sent me here to die in a foreign land? What an absurd suggestion. I love my country, and it loves me in turn.

'No they sent me here to spy.'

The colonel pulled a wooden chair over to my bedside.

'They prepared you so badly that M15 was bound to catch you. We were on your tail right when you landed on British soil.'

'I wouldn't say so.' I frowned, the faintest tinge of uncertainty crossing my mind. How could they have done that?

Could I have been mislead all along?

'You're bound to be dead by dawn, it won't matter if we told you this. Your spymaster who trained you was Herr Bombacci. They trained you in a school in Cologne. Understand that ______ .'

'Perhaps.' The weariness consumed. Just give me my violin, I want to have a moment of peace.

'We know for sure it is!' the colonel groaned. 'He sent you here on a passport with his own handwriting. A clumsy and crude job to say the least.'

From that moment, I began to doubt in my own wisdom. Could he, the colonel be telling the truth?

Perhaps he saw the doubt in my expressions.

'He sent you to the Hotel Rendezvous, where he sends all his agents. He gave you a cover story. You were supposed to be a salesman of razors, bananas, potatoes. But you hardly know anything about them!'

The shame flooded me; it seemed to have a physical life of its own, forcing down my head. The colonel was laying down my secrets one by one. 'I sent in the reports as best as I could.'

'You sent in reports on when we turn on and off the searchlights to spot Zeppelin raids. It is not a great secret to die for young man.'

This final statement tore my steel-like belief in Bombacci. The lamenting inner voices skimmed over my heart. 'You know what my messages were?'

'You sent all your messages to a man in Amsterdam. That man is a British spymaster. We will shoot you ______, but you are an amateur, it was your spymaster who sent you to your death.'

The door opened creakily, as a key slid into the hole, the sound echoing a hundred fold in the gloomy dusty darkness. My violin was passed to me. I put my faithful instrument to my neck, and started the playing. Was it all worth it now? To die now for petty reasons?

For the next three hours I played like I never did before. The music soothed, irked, angered, saddened, and surprised me; it passed and circled me like a melodious being born from my emotions. It undulated within me, coursed wildly throughout my veins; it infused my blood with the notes speaking of vivid emotions.

My memories all rushed back, I was running care freely across the meadow, I was in the old schoolroom watching the teacher speak, I was taking hold of my violin for the first time, I was looking into my parentsâ grayed eyes as I left for my war training, I was holding her hand and saying one last goodbye to her, I was in the hotel room when the men barged in....The tunes that poured out wondrously seeped into the ancient walls, giving it a new tangible flavor. It stirred the ghosts of long dead prisoners; it intoxicated me with an almost alcoholic trance. War...it was all a bloody mistake to sign up.

The sky outside brightened flamingo pink with a tinge of sparkling gold, the sunlight pouring through the hatches. The end was near...

I played one last tune, the notes disconnected and wavering now. Senseless to die now....senseless war...

'Nice tune _____.' The colonel said, his eyes glinting. Was that a tear? The music seemed to have touched a raw nerve in his body; I could see the uneasiness in his eyes.

'By Lorenzo Verdentri. It tells a story of a broken-hearted clown. Perhaps that was all I ever was colonel. A broken-hearted clown.'

I raised the violin to my lips and kissed the glossy mahogany surface. 'Goodbye my friend, I shall not need you anymore.'

'I am ready colonel.'

I laid my precious instrument onto the bed, stood up and strode to the door. A firm grip grasped my shoulder abruptly.

'Tell me ______, do you have a son, a wife?' the colonel's gruff voice softened for once.

'No Sir. Just someone I love. By God Iâll miss ______. But a warâs a war; I'm merely another unimportant casualty. It was for my country after all. I was an amateur.'

Damn you Bombacci.

'Damn the war ______. Men die everyday like flies, my own son was shot at the Somme.'

I sighed wearily. Bonded through war. A Hun and a Brit. The derision almost killed the tension. His eyes stared at me. Poor fool, drunk on delusion they seemed to say. You're a clown, dying as such.

'The war must go on till the end. We will never surrender, and neither will you.'

'Perhaps you're right sonny perhaps you're right...War...'

Suddenly he snapped back to attention. 'Courtyard's at the first floor. Follow me.'

War...Could we all just be in the same boat? To die for reasons unbeknownst to the common man? To be slaughtered over minor squabbles? I shook my head. It didn't matter now.

------------------

I refused the blind-fold, gentlemen die facing death bravely. The colonel's face seemed to sag; his mournful eyes staring straight at me. I stood back facing a huge stonewall, covered with damp moss and lichen, facing the eight men standing in front of me, facing death to the end.

'Rifle at the ready!' The colonel screamed, his eyes still looking at me sadly.

My life flashed past my eyes again in a blur, stopping momentarily at certain poignant scenes. A thousand emotions and thoughts churned within me, I felt the high and low, I felt the dark and light, I felt the fire and the cold. I felt the past, I felt the present, I felt the anger, and I felt the joy. I felt the peace, and I felt the war, I felt the musical tempo, I felt the shaky notes, I felt the love and I felt the hate.

'Aim and steady!'

I felt nothing.

I do not regret. I am a patriot, and I die a patriot.

But you are a clown, a foolish man, my demon screamed. Just a bungling dunce. Regret it now. But itâs too late for that now clown.

I smiled ruefully, almost clown-like; looking forward to my homecoming. Madness...

I saw that slim figure waving at me as the boat pulled out from the harbor. I smelled that last sweet breath, I listened to that last melodic goodbye, and I felt that last smooth touch, I caught that last bitter tear.

'_____ _____ ______' I whispered to the heavens.

'On my command good men...Fire!'

Dead and bleeding from eight perfect holes before I reached the ground; a foolish broken-hearted clown to the last. The world fades as the ground rushes...just that waving tearing figure in my mind as my heart froze in its final beat...

Hush my love all is quiet now.

-----

Comments and feedback are welcome.

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,824 posts
Shepherd

I'd say your capabilities as a poet surpass your abilities as a prose writer - your stories are good, but your poems are great.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Ah, I think so too.

But I still need feedback for this story!

jezz
jezz
3,337 posts
Farmer

But I still need feedback for this story!

It um...
It made me cry again.
And again.
(I read it twice. I've read it 4 times so far)

I have to disagree Alt, his stories really touch me. Probably... more than they should.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Er...don't cry ='(

*Hands tissue over*

Anyway....I still have a couple of poems in my writing folder...I'll contemplate putting them here....

Also...started writing a story...though I won't post it here for Jess' sake.

'If I won an award, it would be the award for making people cry.'

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

A simple, more easily digested poem. Not too much emotion to spoil the taste, but still enough for an impact.

Hearts

Hearts of burning fire,
Hearts of strong desire.
Hearts rotten to the core,
Hearts all worth caring for.

Heart as heavy as stone,
Hearts sitting all alone.
Hearts laced with gold,
Hearts that twist and fold.

Hearts blackened with soot,
Hearts hearkened to a flute.
Hearts pumping with speed,
Hearts wounded and bleed.

Hearts ensnared by complexities,
Hearts clouded with mysteries.
Hearts basking in the light,
Hearts dying in the fight.

Hearts pierced by strife,
Hearts naught with brilliant life.
Hearts crying like the Heavens,
Hearts corrupted by the Heathen.

Hearts soaked in viscous tar,
Hearts shot cruelly from afar.
Hearts beyond the repair,
Hearts young and fair.

Hearts drugged and doped,
Hearts that sink and float.
Hearts torn and tattered,
Hearts broken and shattered.

Hearts concealing the truth,
Hearts that laugh and goof.
Hearts grinded by fate,
Hearts that come too late.

Hearts strong as steel,
Hearts ironed by personal will.
Hearts soft as china silk,
Hearts innocent as milk.

Hearts that are unbreakable,
Hearts of the bitter unspeakable.
Hearts always optimistic,
Hearts that refuse to speak.

Hearts forsaken by God,
Hearts naturally flawed.
Hearts smothered by love,
Hearts covered by a glove.

Hearts eaten from the inside,
Hearts lying on the road side.
Hearts that forever hide,
Hearts that stop the tide.

Hearts all unique and special,
Hearts all wondrous and magical.
Hearts all worth loving,
So which is yours?

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Oh yeah....like usual, feedback is welcome. At all costs.

Serious. For real.

The last line was a trick question actually.

All of them describe my heart.

Showing 241-255 of 512