ForumsArt, Music, and WritingNicho's Writing Thread [Archives on Pg 47]

512 271870
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Since thisnotalt( pretty sure I got the spelling wrong) suggested it, I think I will create a thread just to post my stories. Ok now to find them... *Digs deep into the AMW Section to find his stories*

• 512 Replies
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

Hint hint, German rocketry scientists suddenly worked hard. Hint hint V2 rockets ^^

Sorry to burst your bubble m8, but the V2 rockets were in epic fail. Jewish slave labor ruined so many, they crased right after liftoff, and the ones not made by jewish slave labor, would still crash and if they made it to london, were so inaccurate, and so few made it, it just wasnt much of a threat. Maby the Komet would be a better choice. Or V3 rockets?
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Sorry to burst your bubble m8, but the V2 rockets were in epic fail. Jewish slave labor ruined so many, they crased right after liftoff, and the ones not made by jewish slave labor, would still crash and if they made it to london, were so inaccurate, and so few made it, it just wasnt much of a threat. Maby the Komet would be a better choice. Or V3 rockets?

In one month 3000 Brits were killed. Though admittedly, at a shorter range they would work better. And which good German soldier would care what he hits within those walls?

It would have been better if they developed rocket engines, instead of missiles, to maintain air superiority.
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

i'd still have better faith in a Komet then a v2. How about mounting a Nebelwerfer (screaming meemies) on a plain? i got the german name right i hope... that would be sic right there...

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

i'd still have better faith in a Komet then a v2. How about mounting a Nebelwerfer (screaming meemies) on a plain? i got the german name right i hope... that would be sic right there...

Nah, I'd rather keep things more WWII, including weaponry, and not get too far-fetched.

Well GAIII is going to take hell of a long time to write.
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

And what about Jewish Slave labor producing the V2's? Thats a magor hurdle. And a rapid takeover of Russia using Blitzcrieg tactics is also a magor hurdle. It happened in real life, and it failed. Your going to have to come up with an entirely new tactic. I would also suggest, if you get that far, that the Battle of the Bulge never happen. It expended resources that Germany could have used to hang on for atlest 6 months, almost a year depending on how aggressive the allys would have been.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

that the Battle of the Bulge never happen.

Things won't get that bad. *wink*

What happens in Russia, stays in Russia. ^-^

I hear the KMT forces knocking!
thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,824 posts
Shepherd

Well, if it isn't good, there's a reason for that. I did it in five minutes.

Tis not how much time you spend, but how much of yourself you pour into your writing. And how fats you can type :P

--------

Some of the lines in your poem are somewhat cumbersome in comparison to others, but really 'It Aches' is a fine poem overall.

------

I bring the Depression Artillery right in. It's more emotionally satisfying.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Time to bring out the big guns it seems Alt. Heil to depression!

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,824 posts
Shepherd

I would be enthusiastic. . . .

But it's not worth the energy expenditure. (OMG, that should go on a T-shirt for me XD)

Really though, I feel. . .beyond awful. I'll probably be fine on the morrow.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

beyond awful.

If you've been down this low with me, you'll see the world in a different light. A darker light, pardon the oxymoronic phrasing. In fact, I'm starting to feel more than a little cranky....

Enough of chat! Nemo hates thread chats! Another five minute poem then.

-----------

[b]~You think I'm nothing but I'm not[~/b]

You glare cunningly at me,
But I turn around and stare at thee.
You spite me when I speak,
But I know you're just Nature's freak.
You think you sit on God's throne.
But it's a seat of dust and bone.
You think I'm plain old nothing,
But another tune you will soon sing.
You twist the meanings of my words,
But above circle the laughing birds.
You treat me as though I'm not human,
But soon your mind will burn.
You take me as a piece of dirt,
But what have I done to hurt?
You never think before the action,
But He will deliver the execution.

-----------------

Well, that was how I feel that someone around here is just mean old jerk who treats me like I'm a skunk to avoid and ridicule. Just know it's a male. That's all I will say and that's all I would permit for you to glance in my soul.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Well, I'm feeling uber depressed, as melancholy as Emperor Rudolph II. But I'm feeling a little bit better, enough to write this.

~Titanic~

Bless that fateful night,
When this life was taken away.
A quick blow on the ice,
And she was over on the starboard.
A quick blow on the ice,
And I was slipping overboard.
A quick blow on the ice,
And the waters will claim my body.
A quick blow on the ice,
And no more shall I feel this way.
A quick blow on the ice,
And I feel no more pain.
A quick blow on the ice,
And the sad orchestra strikes a tune.
A quick blow on the ice,
And I jump from my lifeboat.
A quick blow on the ice,
And my eyes cry no more.
A quick blow on the ice,
And no more shall you worry.
A quick blow on the ice,
And the captain shoots the flare.
A quick blow on the ice,
How does it feel in the Afterlife?

Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

What happens in Russia, stays in Russia. ^-^

lol. seriously...

hmmm... KMT forces would respectivly have Russia fighting a 2 front war, what about the battle of britain? Does Operation Sealion takeplace? And american forces; do they even bother to land a normandy? THe way this sounds id perferably like to be somewhere in south america...
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

hmmm... KMT forces would respectivly have Russia fighting a 2 front war, what about the battle of britain? Does Operation Sealion takeplace? And american forces; do they even bother to land a normandy? THe way this sounds id perferably like to be somewhere in south america...

Britain...ah Britain. Well I don't have any plans....maybe an alliance.
thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,824 posts
Shepherd

I'm feeling uber depressed

Yep. Me too.

-------

If you've been down this low with me, you'll see the world in a different light.

Yep. Me too.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

I think I should list down all thw roks that I've posted here so far. Just in case I forgot that they are there, and to help facilitate people in searching for poems.

~List~

-Berry Pomeroy Castle
-The Bagpiper
-Guardian Angel
-Guardian Angel II
-Two small teaser for GA II
-A Werewolf and the Moon
-Depression
-Like Suicide
-It Aches
-You Think I'm Nothing But I'm Not
-Titanic

The first four are stories, the rest being poems. I'm thinking of putting the last five poems into a little series, with a series name, specially for depressing poems.
Just that I'm not sure what to name it.

If you guys have any suggestions, I'll be great if you could post it here.

-------------
Current Soul Status: Light, with a tinge of Dark

Showing 136-150 of 512