ForumsWEPRDoes anyone not believe in God?

69 10398
valkyrie1119
valkyrie1119
1,720 posts
Nomad

I mean this in the most unoffensive way possible. while i will speak my mind, I do have utmost respect for anyone and everyone and their beliefs and religion, and I do not mean to upset you in any way possible.
However, I will say that I do not believe in god or really any religion at that. I do not believe that God or a superior entity created all things. I do not believe that God answers prayers to those who worship them. If you think about it, one average and normal person may be praying somewhere in the United States in the hopes that God will give do them a service in some form or another and that it gets done somehow. However, what about the hundreds of young children in the Middle East who happen to be starving at that same moment? Aren't they praying too? So why is it that one average worshipper is done their service and hundreds more innocent and far humbler children starve to death because they were not done theirs? I simply cannot see the logic in this outcome, which happens everyday. Could it be that God plays favorites? I shudder at that thought. What happened to we're all created equal? Or maybe were not...

Again, I mean absolutely no disrespect of any kind towards anybody of any religion.

• 69 Replies
Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

Right here

andreasking
andreasking
14 posts
Nomad

Me,The religion is just doom the wold.

Graham
Graham
8,052 posts
Nomad

i'm open to it but i don't like the idea of one almighty being and i think religion is only for false hope to keep people happy and not killing eachother

really i do both... don't believe and believe in god(s)... some gray middle spot huh..... it's always good to have an open mind

knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

There are many who do not believe in God. We have quite a number of them here in AG. Though, I do believe in God.

Pricklykiller
Pricklykiller
124 posts
Nomad

Doco on aethiests on TV soon, very interested to watch it myself!

Graham
Graham
8,052 posts
Nomad

making bold statements without evidence is prone to arguments and failure

Communist
Communist
522 posts
Nomad

I think my name pretty much speaks for itself.

knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

making bold statements without evidence is prone to arguments and failure

Do I really need evidence to state what I believe?

I think my name pretty much speaks for itself.

Ahh.. Yes it does. Your name is pretty self-explanatory.
Talo
Talo
945 posts
Nomad

They made an atheist thread a wile ago,... why didn't you just post in there?

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,824 posts
Shepherd

I don't believe in any sort of religious god, or really any explanation of God as a higher power, but if you want to know my perspective, then dig it up from page 36 of the Christianity vs. atheism thread.

Graham
Graham
8,052 posts
Nomad

Do I really need evidence to state what I believe?

it wasn't to you the post above me got deleted saying plainly God doesn't exist
Davop
Davop
117 posts
Nomad

Yeah, I believe in God. I don't care if someone doesn't though, because I'm not that religous.

FlakeySuperior
FlakeySuperior
30 posts
Nomad

I believe in god. In reply to Valkyre I totally understand why you dont believe in God. I've questioned my own religion many times. As to your prayer question, life isn't fair. There is sin in the world and the rule is an eye for an eye. Doesn't have to be your eye though. Maybe they're not praying to the right god. I can't understand God and I never will.

SupaKoopa
SupaKoopa
13 posts
Nomad

Though I have a very deep and personal spirituality and definitely believe in God, despite the fact that so many around my area advocate 'spreading the word' or 'spreading the seed' and trying to force your religion down others' throats, I personally believe spirituality is something very personal and very different on a person-by-person basis. I find other religions and even atheism completely harmless and feel that everyone should find their own beliefs and their own personal feelings on the matter, and not let anyone else influence them--use your own heart, you'll know.

The short answer for this thread, though, is yes, I do believe in God.

FlakeySuperior
FlakeySuperior
30 posts
Nomad

You took the words out of my mouth.

Showing 1-15 of 69