ForumsWEPRHave you noticed....

33 9788
Kurgle
Kurgle
163 posts
Nomad

That it's ok for Hispanics, African-Americans, Asian, etc; to make racial pride clubs but if Caucasians try to it's regarded as racist?

• 33 Replies
Kurgle
Kurgle
163 posts
Nomad

@ Megamickle

Exactly! Why can't they just let it go? They're free now, are they not? Sure, some say 'Well we're still discriminated against and so we are not fully free' but EVERYBODY is discriminated at one time of their lives. Look at high-school cliques for an example.

@SnowballFighter

I don't like Carlos Mencia at all.

ngfan14
ngfan14
875 posts
Shepherd

Kurgle, you're right. It does seem that Caucasians can't make racist jokes without being called racist. But I don't know why that is.

LiL_GaNgSta_BlAzE
LiL_GaNgSta_BlAzE
2,283 posts
Jester

People it's to remind us of the bad things we have done in the past. Just like we have to learn about WW2 it's so we don't forget....

And would you forget that your great great great great and son Grandfather was a slave. NO!!!

And Kurgle I am vary certin that you would not "let go" if you were lept as a slave....

So what if your free you were still a SLAVE....

You would feel vary diffrent if you had been a slave.

And we as humans will never learn about all the bad things in that we have done if we don't remeber that we caused all this, we could have prefended this from all happining. Thats why we have to keep in mind what wrongs we did in the past and try to make the world a better place.

Kurgle
Kurgle
163 posts
Nomad

You are not a slave. Do you work everyday and not get paid? Does some one own you? No. Only your ancestors were slaves and you are not your ancestors.

hymir
hymir
7 posts
Nomad

@Megamickle -
The Australian PM just had this Big sorry speech on Sorry Day(yeah we have a Sorry Day!),yeah some are still alive(saying sorry for stolen generation from 50 years ago), but I didn't really understand, since the people who did where either dead or way old... But The PM said sorry, not for Australia but for the Australian Government... and the word sorry was a very sacred word to the aborigine, it was a word of forgiveness and ritual, that's why they say sorry...

LiL_GaNgSta_BlAzE
LiL_GaNgSta_BlAzE
2,283 posts
Jester

It was not about me god why do you act like that your race is being threatend... LET IT GO KURGLE...

Kurgle
Kurgle
163 posts
Nomad

Let what go? Let go the fact that people won't let one thing go that happened well over 100 years ago? The past is gone, forgive and forget.

steevo15
steevo15
1,564 posts
Peasant

I think that everyone needs to let go of racism and just accept people for who they are. Racism is rather immature

steevo15
steevo15
1,564 posts
Peasant

Also, I know it sounds REALLY cheesy, but can't we all just get along?

Kurgle
Kurgle
163 posts
Nomad

This is not about racism, this is about equality.

steevo15
steevo15
1,564 posts
Peasant

yeah, and in order for racial equality to exist, racism has to stop...right?

Kurgle
Kurgle
163 posts
Nomad

Right, but again this isn't about racism.

LiL_GaNgSta_BlAzE
LiL_GaNgSta_BlAzE
2,283 posts
Jester

I ment let this topic go ya it's unfair you might think, but it was also unfair for them to be taken as slaves so there.

And no one has stopped the all white groupes so it's not as unfair as you might think.

steevo15
steevo15
1,564 posts
Peasant

but if racism has to stop to have racial equality, then doesn't this topic have to somewhat be about racism?

DecadentDragon
DecadentDragon
242 posts
Nomad

All pride clubs of a racial nature are detrimental, and I'll tell you why. Rascism and discrimination aren't really tied color of skin. What brings about the distrust necessary for discrimination to exist is when people act differently. We don't trust what we don't understand or what isn't like us. That is human nature. It's when a group resists assimilation into society that problems really begin.

Showing 16-30 of 33