ForumsArt, Music, and WritingA Rainy Day

15 3175
crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

So I started practicing some more on using effects in Photo Shop today and I created this a couple of hours ago.I decided I wanted to show it to you guys for the heck of it.

http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd349/crimsonblade55/Rain.png

• 15 Replies
Destor
Destor
706 posts
Nomad

It's... It's.....
CHEWBACCA! With a face drawn on him!

Nah, just kidding. Nice rain effect!

ninja31
ninja31
90 posts
Nomad

whoa! i saw snuffy from sesame street

i aggree with destor nice rain effect

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

You might need to remember that there will be a little bouncing off (the rain), though of course not as much in fur.

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

You might need to remember that there will be a little bouncing off (the rain), though of course not as much in fur.

well its a simple effect,so I didn't really concentrate with that level of detail.I mean I could have added details to make the fur look wet and such, but I made the effect using a tutorial in youtube...which I forgot to bookmark so I will have to look for it later.
crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

For the heck of it I played with the effects a little bit more,and while I know I could have done this a bit better,I added in some heavy rain bouncing against the fur at a side ways angle,with much heavier rain and wind effects.

http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd349/crimsonblade55/HeavyRain.png

Destor
Destor
706 posts
Nomad

The drops ought to be slanted. And the fur should be blowing a little. That would make the "windy rain" affect seem more real. But that's just what I think. I do watercolor paintings, and the easiest way to get the wind effect is to add a slant to the rain. But good job anyway, I like the fur. How do you do that?

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

I like the fur. How do you do that?

The creation of the fur texture is a combo of multiple effects that I saved as a preset a while back. Its a part of the brush dynamics options in PhotoShop. I agree that making it slanted would have made it look better,but it would require me to edit the brush I made the rain with, and I was making a quick fix. I may actually go back to it and fix the rain effect real quick...
crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

OK, I got the image at an appropriate angle. There is a few things I couldn't removed,but I managed to get that slanted rain in.

http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd349/crimsonblade55/HeavyRain-1.png

Destor
Destor
706 posts
Nomad

Definitely better. The problem here is that the prominent splashes, the light blue ones, are still not slanted. I understand that it may be hard to do that, but the eye is drawn to them. As they are the center of your piece, they should show the emotions of the picture. But now I'm getting into art psychology... Good job! The one thing I don't like is how the eyes are blurred. It just doesn't look right to me.

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

The one thing I don't like is how the eyes are blurred. It just doesn't look right to me.

yeah what I tried to do was put a motion blur on the already existing rain, but the problem is, is that they were not saved on their own layer,so I ended up blurring the whole thing...it bugs me too.
crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

I'm a little dense,but I just realized I can always revert back to the original and recreate the rain...with slanted splashes, and unblurred eyes...just not today though.

Destor
Destor
706 posts
Nomad

Doesn't Photo Shop have an undo button? I have only ever used Paint.NET. I suck at drawing anyway, but I like to mess with the effects.

Anyway, to fix the eye blur I would zoom in on the edges, and paint over them with the furry brush. You would have to do it really precise, though. For the inside edges, though, it would take a ton of work. So that might not be the best thing.

By the way, I was looking at my first post, and well...

It's... It's.....
A NINJA DONKEY!?!?

Fix'd.
Hahahaha!
crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

Doesn't Photo Shop have an undo button? I have only ever used Paint.NET. I suck at drawing anyway, but I like to mess with the effects.

Of course it does, as long as you don't save the file close it out and then come back to it later realizing that you don't like something.
WizardAgent23
WizardAgent23
65 posts
Nomad

ehm........what?

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

OK then I think this shall be the finished product for now...

http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd349/crimsonblade55/HeavyDarkRain.png

Showing 1-15 of 15